What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Right, unplugged MAF and started my car. This solved my stutter when my putting foot down, no delay now just revs up straight away. I was wondering, is it safe to leave it unplugged for the drive home to see if it really is the problem?

EDIT: Just had to move my car to let someone out, so drove it round the block (with MAF plugged in) and it's running sweet again :huh: . I can only assume that unplugging the MAF has reset any errors the ECU has logged about it so now running as normal. Will see how it gets on with the drive home. Happy days if it's as easy fix as that!

EDIT: Just had to move my car to let someone out, so drove it round the block (with MAF plugged in) and it's running sweet again :huh: . I can only assume that unplugging the MAF has reset any errors the ECU has logged about it so now running as normal. Will see how it gets on with the drive home. Happy days if it's as easy fix as that!

It puts the car in limp mode when you unplug the MAF not sure if it will reset the code I'd be surprised if it has. But anyway if it's driving fine happy days :D just have to see how it goes for now :)

Just swapped out the reversing camera for one with parking grid meant taking out:

all the boot lid trim

rear c pillar trim

rear bench seat

boot floor

number plate light trim

rear boot lights

Both sections of the centre console

Radio itself.

Bit of a job to do all that but it's really easy as it all just pops off. Only had to undo 12 nuts and 7 screws

image_zpsce5d85bd.jpg

image_zpsddeb818a.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah makes sense now, it was running alright until it was properly warm then was back to normal, my brother in law said it's £170 plus VAT so not too bad I guess. I unplugged the MAF when I got home with the car running and it stalled so It's working just faulty.

That's a fair job you have going, how long has it taken you to do it? Wouldn't have been able to do it near me, we have been having big storms all day!

Just swapped out the reversing camera for one with parking grid meant taking out:

all the boot lid trim

rear c pillar trim

rear bench seat

boot floor

number plate light trim

rear boot lights

Both sections of the centre console

Radio itself.

Bit of a job to do all that but it's really easy as it all just pops off. Only had to undo 12 nuts and 7 screws

image_zpsce5d85bd.jpg

image_zpsddeb818a.jpg

When I first saw that bottom photo, I thought you'd been in a wreck. That's a pretty serious demo job

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mainly been watching the water bead up nicely after a fresh coat of wax for the last couple of days, ended up with loads of condensation in the n/s headlight after the crazy rain, trying to evaporate it off by driving round with lights on, anyone got any better techniques?

Sent from my SM-T210

When I had water in my lights we took them off, left them next to a dehumidifier. Worked a treat, not had any in since :).

Round at my brother in laws, he took the MAF off and it was really dirty so cleaned it. Plugged it back in, started car and was waiting for it to warm up when we noticed whistling. Seems like the source of all my problems could be a vacuum pipe! Also my exhaust sounds like it's blowing near turbo. Both of these would be why it's not running so good AND why my fuel economy is rubbish.

Looks like this weekend will be a busy one, going to take intercooler, inlet manifold and all that off the Subaru. May as well clean the engine bay up and fit the new hoses and the boost gauge at the same time :)

• Like 1

I gave a mate a lift. Hit a bird at about 100 leptons. And it's gone at the rad. Half of it is infront and half behind. Looks like it squashed through at the bottom. What's best way to check for damage?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Sooo taken on extra work to try and bring a few more £££s in to sort out my car (suspension & other bits) I've gone and over done it and possibly given myself a !Removed! hernia or something I'm fu*cked am I'm blaming japfest2 LOL

I gave a mate a lift. Hit a bird at about 100 leptons. And it's gone at the rad. Half of it is infront and half behind. Looks like it squashed through at the bottom. What's best way to check for damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the bird or rad ?

May be too late to save the bird :-D

Much coolant leak out when you removed the offending debris ?

If not much came out and the temp gauge stayed normal I'd just order a new rad and renew coolant

• Like 1

LOL! Tje, that sounds pretty nasty but quite funny at the same time. As above, check for leaks and watch temp gauge.

James, you can't blame a show for making you work too hard ;) . It's your pefectionist mind doing that, I've just been looking at a new turbo and exhaust manifold/downpipe/uppipe. Subarus are expensive things but thank for everything you do to them.

• Like 1

when i was breaking the seal on the lateral bolts on the donor car i almost passed out twice lol and that's for japfest 2 too

at least it isn't too serious then muscles are easier to cope with than hernia's 

Today I'm slowly coming round to the fact that I'm reverting back to plan A....

In other words the turbo dream is being put back on the shelf for a couple of years. Sensible head has won after all and I'm just going to enjoy the reliable little machine I'm lucky enough to have now  :)

Just waiting for that OBD reader to come now so I can root out what my intermittent CEL issue is  :unsure:

Sat looking at De-cat downpipes, turbos, injectors, fuel pumps and possible remap places... I really want to :(

Looking forward to taking the inlet off and the turbo this weekend to have a look round, make sure everything is okay and replace any pipes or gaskets that are split/blowing :)

NBO is close now, only a couple of weeks. It's going to be good but at the same time annoying because you know we will see things for our cars that make you think "That looks great, I want that" :P

• Like 1