What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Spoke to dealers on my wife's XV they've said its more carbon deposits which is why it's running rough. Interesting then that when they gave it back 3 weeks ago it ran lovely, then it deteriorated. So it's either, they didn't clean all the carbon out and it's got worse or they did clean it all out and it's come back, either way suggests something is causing the carbon. Can't help feeling we're solving symptoms here not problems, they've had the car 2 weeks now and it's not coming back until at least this time next week [emoji22]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Not yet, another conversation and the lead guy at the dealers says he's driven the car and it's not right, over responsive throttle seems to be the culprit so injecting fuel that's not needed at every bump, mix is too rich so coking up, this is the first sensible problem that's been identified that could explain the problems, any car is being stripped down, engine on the bench etc.

For anyone interested Subaru will have stand at the Weston Park Game Fair on the 20th. I believe they'll have the current line up inc WRX and they've an off road course to try them out on. We go every year because the dog loved it [emoji190]

I went for a drive last night and when on a steep hill I put it in 2nd to let it roll... I was greeted with the beautiful sound of popping and banging! Didn't even know it did that, only does it if doing that though not if i let off in high revs. New game to play anyway :)

Just got back from the nearest dealer, 30 miles away. Took it in for the recall....all is well. 

Apart from being rear-ended on the way back, and anyone who says there`s no such thing as whiplash :angry:

It hurt like a ******!!!

No damage to mine though, the tow-bar took all the hit....quite a large hole punched into the other cars bumper (Ford C-Max)

I have it on the dash-cam but only from the front, you can just see the car shunt forward and the driver bugger off. I had to give chase and collar him at the next lights. Unsure as to where I go next, no damage to my car that I can see, i`ll be getting it checked over Monday and ive no doubt i`ll be sore tomorrow. :unsure:  I got his details obviously and just checked Ask MID and the car`s insured.

I`ll post the clip in the YouTube section.

• Like 1

Or should I post it on here?......I think I will, keep it all together.

At 24 seconds in you see a subtle lurch forward as I was letting the Honda CRV out.  But from the drivers seat it was like being hit with a sledgehammer. Notice how much gap I leave between myself and the minibus in front.

If you were injured, as you say. Then leaving the scene of an accident is a criminal offence and you should call the police on the non-emergency number 101 I think. It's only the you caught him that you sorted it. He may also have damaged structure behind the bumper that you can't see, so you need to get it checked at his cost

Oh i`ll be putting a claim in. I already have the disk problem.......got to have surgery on the 27th Sept. But it did genuinely hurt, i`ll have to get checked out in case its made it worse. I wont feel anything for a while.

Looking at the clip you can hardly tell, mainly because there`s no audio.

Have a look at this one and view it with and w/out audio, its surprising how it differs with audio.

I have the rear camera but it was going in at the weekend.

Useful things tow bars !

I imagine the bar would have spread the load evenly so there may not be any structural damage,

I wrote off an a class merc when some idiot student decided to try and park her car on the end of mine :-D van wasn't even damaged

On the other hand I had a town at in a drop plate and I had to double clutch into 2nd behind was a Jenson interceptor. And he run under the drop plate just as I got a gear and it dropped onto the car, I didn't know and wondered why the Landrover wasn't pulling. I pulled his front end off in the end [emoji30]. He wasn't too happy, but it was his fault. Shame as the interceptor was a nice car. At least yours is ok

Oh i`ll be putting a claim in. I already have the disk problem.......got to have surgery on the 27th Sept. But it did genuinely hurt, i`ll have to get checked out in case its made it worse. I wont feel anything for a while.

Looking at the clip you can hardly tell, mainly because there`s no audio.

`The second time I watched it a bit more closely and it did look a bad jolt. 

What was his reason for buggering off?

Also, I was told once if you think you've had an injury you should call the police regardless, the officer I spoke to said they will only attend an injury accident so even if there's very little damage they'd come out, the other idiot would have done very awkward questions to answer with regards driving off when he must have known he hit you, I can only assume he's not insured

When I pulled along side of him I checked for any damage on his car. I just asked him "did you just run into me".......he said "I might have" so I said he better pull in to the pub car park.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Cheek of the tw@t. Definitely report it to the police, especially if you have some pain. You never know could go on for months. Should be fast and easy to do and the police will give him some stick id expect.
  • Like 1

When I pulled along side of him I checked for any damage on his car. I just asked him "did you just run into me".......he said "I might have" so I said he better pull in to the pub car park.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

I'd be saying "you might want to !Removed! pull over now then or I might just have to take you to the local hospital..."

• Like 1