What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Had a great morning today! Managed to sort my gauges out!!! Wooooo!!!!!

Started as a process of elimination. Tried unplugging them from each other and trying one at a time to see if is just one faulty gauge.

I have them daisy chained from left to right - oil temp, oil Pressure and then turbo. I originally put my gauge supply to the oil temp and chained from that. So after unplugging them I tried in the turbo by itself worked! Linked the oil pressure in - still worked! I assumed at this point I must have a faulty a oil pressure gauge but plugged it back in just to check... BOOM!!! IT WORKS!!! For some reason putting the gauge supply into the turbo gauge first and chaining from that made them work correctly! No idea how or why but there you go, mega happy :D Haven't got a soldering iron or solder so just twisted and taped the cables for now. Will get Martin to solder them in properly for me when I next see him.

One query though for people with Bug and Blob Scoobs - the red alarm/immobiliser LED on the dash. Does yours flash when the car is locked or just light up after unlocking the car? When pulling my pod back out the red light went out at the exact same time. Might be just a coincidence as it still lights up when I unlock the car until I put the key in but I'm sure it used to also flash when locked. Don't know what's happened there if it's stopped...

I've also fitted my original lights back on. The other black ones will be sent back for re-sealing next week. Managed to change them without issue too! :) might not sound like much but usually when I try and do anything on car something ends up breaking or ends up taking me hours and hours when it should only be simple and take minutes. So today is a massive win haha! :D

Another query though, one of my sidelights has stopped working. I tried with another lamp and it still didn't work - but it's used so I don't know if that was knackered too. But in case it isn't just the bulb anyone had this issue before? The old one did go with a pop and left burn marks around the holder lol. I thought it may be a fuse it's blown but the other is working fine.

Do they self level ? Also I don't have washers for the headlamps so not sure ir would be ok for mot :o

Ben looking at these and some night breaker or ring h4's

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-W5W-led-bulbs/?bulb_search=car&end=front

They`re perfectly fine with the MOT, they do self level and it just takes minutes to swap them over, if you had any doubt MOT-wise they can be changed back in no time. Ive had them on 4 OBs and never had a problem. 

I`ll get a pic of the beam spread from inside the car later this evening and post it up. I haven`t changed the main beam bulbs they are still stock but I may just look at fitting HID units sometime.

By the time you`ve gone through all the supposed "Brighter, whiter" bulbs for £10 a pop to find that they don`t really do what it says you could have a proper set of super-white High Intensity Discharge top end headlights. They are a lot better and cheaper now than 5 or so years ago and don`t require any wiring....they just plug & play!

;)

Be careful fitting after market headlight bulbs, some are just too hot and will melt the perspex headlamp lense!

Would they work with none canbus equipped cars ? Cant see anthing that says yes, suppose I'd have to email them,I guess they won't plug directltly into the loom ?

Depends on whether you`ve got separate bulbs for headlight and hi-beam. The older ones were harder to install because you had relays to fit and wires to splice but the new ones are dead easy.

You twist the bulb out of its housing, take the bulb from its socket and the ballast fits into  where the bulb was, the zenon bulb now plugs into the wir.........tell you what, i`ll find a tube clip of it, i`m starting to confuse even myself. :)

She really does go into painful detail she`s not very technically minded but a child could follow her instructions.....or even your wife!

David did you end up with the ones from the bay ?

I'm going to replice mine this week but I reckin I'll have to get upgraded h4 mains to go with them may look a bit odd else

Yes mate, £4 the pair...absolute bargain.

I have mine in tandem with some h7 osram night breaker unlimiteds and they match well...they were only £12 the pair from Amazon too.

A good option if you don't want the HID route that Majik suggested

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Yes mate, £4 the pair...absolute bargain.

I have mine in tandem with some h7 osram night breaker unlimiteds and they match well...they were only £12 the pair from Amazon too.

A good option if you don't want the HID route that Majik suggested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the H7s the high beams Dave?

My side lights are **** poor so deffo gonna get some new ones, no worry about melting the lamp as I'm oldschool with glass units. Did yours have large heatsinks on them ?

The festoon bulbs I have in the interior have large ones on the back

Heat sinks.....no idea what they are mate, way beyond my levels of knowledge lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Strange...I'm sure my manual said h7 and that's what I bought and put in [emoji32]

Will have to double check now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manual and bulb-selling websites both say H7

.....hope I'm right now or may have to hide indefinitely  :lol:

• Like 1

Got a set of rear mud-flaps on the way so that`s my weekend jobby next. I`m also changing the interior bulbs, the stock ones are very poor.

Just catching up....why did you go for rears only first?.....availability, price?