Soooo many clutches,sooo many fakes.which one?

So I'm hoping I won't need one before Japfest but if I do I want to get one that does what it says on the tin. As I have a JDM v4 sti mine is 278 BHP standard and I am looking for one that offers the plus upto 40% on power but their are so many out their that quote this but A) they are for cars with lower power from standard or B) they are cheap replicas.

I don't want to spend a fortune as I don't thrash the car but if I buy one I want it to be a good one.

Ay suggestions , anybody has a correct link for them on eBay as they do tend to be a tad cheaper on their IF they are legit.

For peace of mind Id go to a performance parts supplier - not necessarily get 2.5gees worth of HKS triple plate but something branded which the company supplying will stand by - not used them but Exedy appear to be popular

I was wondering gambit, mind you look at my picture I have nice shiny refurbed calipers. I bought a clutch of eBay that said made by DK/EXCEEDY uprated 40% once I got it home it looked like a bag of **** ,which means I am out of pocket by £150 and still no clutch see link below

Been told exceedy do the ' pink ' clutch for around £250 but I can't find one at that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231157570026?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Like 1

Scoobs (especially classics) tend to suffer from clutch judder even when the "anti judder " version is fitted .

although the flywheel might look flat if it's not you'll get judder as it's not making contact with the whole surface .

you'll have to Google lateral performance as I cant get a link to work on my phone, to get marks website but beware he sells loads of shiny scooby stuff lol

Yeah his "flying banana " classic is quite nippy to.

I have got a 5 speed pink box exedy clutch plate ,pressure plate and skimmed flywheel with no more than 2k mls on it in the shed but no thrust race as I had to use it during my 6 speed conversion . Haven't looked if you can buy the thrust race separate but id only want £100 + pp if it is any use to anyone.

Cheers clive

• Like 1

Yeah his "flying banana " classic is quite nippy to.

I have got a 5 speed pink box exedy clutch plate ,pressure plate and skimmed flywheel with no more than 2k mls on it in the shed but no thrust race as I had to use it during my 6 speed conversion . Haven't looked if you can buy the thrust race separate but id only want £100 + pp if it is any use to anyone.

Cheers clive

Thats worth snapping up at that price - might be worth putting that in the parts for sale section under its own thread