New 2015 Subaru Wrx Sti - getting in May/June!

Just had a call to say my cars arrived and told me the sat nav upgrade which is a Pioneer AVIC - F860BT is £1200 fitted. I've looked on Amazon and they are £602 and the newer model 960BT is £599 . Should I tell him to **** off and ask if I get the unit how much to fit it ? Seems a bit excessive tbh , any ideas which one is better and what would a car audio garage charge roughly ?

• Like 1

Nice I'd be buzzing with that phone call :D

But I agree seems steep that. I'd say they have priced it with about half the cost for fitting. I would do what you said buy the newer one ask about the fitting see how much it would cost or looks for a local Radio fitting place we have one called audio island that supply and fit I'd get a price from somewhere like that too. 

I`m presuming the car is born with the wiring loom already set up for any extra`s like SATNAV. I would ask the mechanics (not the salesman!) 

If so, it should be plug and play. It took me literally 2 minutes to remove my NAV unit and un-plug the thing. 

Here's the rundown - 

G3 Paint Protection - FOC

STI M**S - FOC  :P

Exhaust trim and Cills - £258 total

Sat Nav - £1200 total

Reverse camera (not an option) ordered but price not given to me yet...

To be delivered next Tuesday but maybe picking up later on as not sold my Focus RS yet.

Sounds like they have added a dealer premium to the Sat Nav.

Main difference between the 860 and 960 is can bus compatibility

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/111/241/compare.html?__P2=68323&__P3=68343

If you do want to go your own way re the sat nav.

I have a Pioneer ND BC6 universal fit reversing cam to sell £50 + pnp. I only used for about 8 months then upgraded to one with a parking grid which is now included in the new head unit software.

I also have a complete I-phone 4 connection kit that will fit the 960 as I upgraded the phone to a 5s.

Here's the rundown - 

G3 Paint Protection - FOC

STI M**S - FOC  :P

Exhaust trim and Cills - £258 total

Sat Nav - £1200 total

Reverse camera (not an option) ordered but price not given to me yet...

To be delivered next Tuesday but maybe picking up later on as not sold my Focus RS yet.

Nice one buddy. What are the exhaust trim and cills? Any pics/photo?

I found i-mode laboured the car more and used more fuel, try it in Sport mode, it's not mental and you'll see better mpg on longer journeys. I use i-mode in snow, Sport# when I need to have better acceleration etc.

I've been using I drive for the last year and after reading this switched to S 2 days ago and have got a 2mpg improvement. I thought I mode was supposed to be the most economic??

Just been for a run-out to Whitby today. Got loads of admiring looks, even a few people wandering across for a natter up in the Abbey car-park.

But I'll be honest. I'm struggling with this car. It just hasn't got anywhere near the grunt/performance of the Focus RS I traded in for it. I feel like I have to wring the neck of the Subaru to get it going, and even then it just doesn't feel like it's doing what it says on the tin.

The actual on the road performance just doesn't match the paper figures to me.

Just been for a run-out to Whitby today. Got loads of admiring looks, even a few people wandering across for a natter up in the Abbey car-park.

But I'll be honest. I'm struggling with this car. It just hasn't got anywhere near the grunt/performance of the Focus RS I traded in for it. I feel like I have to wring the neck of the Subaru to get it going, and even then it just doesn't feel like it's doing what it says on the tin.

The actual on the road performance just doesn't match the paper figures to me.

Thanks for worrying me coming from an RS CP350 to this.. :(

Mine was mp350..........

Don't listen to me. My last RS was my 4th believe it or not. I kept selling after a year or so, but ended up missing having an RS too much, so I kept getting another.

You will love the Sti, but it's just not an RS.

But it's nice having such a rare car, and I'm loving the 4 doors and cruise control. Just want a bit more "umph".

Mine was mp350..........

Don't listen to me. My last RS was my 4th believe it or not. I kept selling after a year or so, but ended up missing having an RS too much, so I kept getting another.

You will love the Sti, but it's just not an RS.

But it's nice having such a rare car, and I'm loving the 4 doors and cruise control. Just want a bit more "umph".

Considering getting any remaps or upgrades when you've gotten used to the car and its all 'bedded' in?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I'm new here, just joined today and getting back into a STI after about 4 years. Just sold my Golf R and waiting for my STi to come. 

Going to be picked up on Thursday afternoon and I can't wait!

How is everyone finding the new one?

Only had a short but fun test drive and we loved it, didn't even need to convince the other half that much either.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, good to see some other '15 STI owners. I've had mine about a month and a half now! Got to say I'm certainly not wishing it had more 'oomph', it still feels pretty fast to me! Really interesting to see all the options as dealer told me there were no options available! Hmm!