New 2015 Subaru Wrx Sti - getting in May/June!

I was in Hondas Garage the other week and you have to pay for the matts there too :( and £2.50 for a keyring and £295 for a 2nd key  :o  they're not call main stealers for nothing :) 

try not to let it dampen the experience too much - take down two squares of old carpet and cut them to fit in front of the sales person ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I was wondering how your new WRX STI is treating you. I put my deposit down for the 3rd last one coming to the UK in October, so I now too am going stir crazy waiting to get more and more details out about it. This October shipment will be up to number 250 (mines #248) so will have to see if more come to the UK or these are the last.

Phil

Hi mate. We have done about 1200 miles in ours since getting it last month. I ran it in safely, only opening the taps to about 4000 revs a handful of times, but now we are past the 1000 miles mark it'll start to loosen up more.

To be honest I don't drive it during the week, as I do about 250 miles a week getting to work, so my wife takes it. She is averaging about 26mpg driving around our countryside roads here in North Yorkshire. On the way back from Essex where we bought it, the trip computer said we were getting an average of 34mpg for the 200 mile trip back using cruise where possible and sticking to national speed limits.

I used to have a Focus RS (it was my 4th believe it or not) and I do miss it. The performance of the sti isn't as brutal or as instant as the RS, but the levels of grip in the Subaru are fantastic. It seems to carry speed much easier than the RS. The 4-doors are a bonus for my family, having an 11 years old and 6 year old jumping in and out of the back. Cruise is nice to have as well.

The Stereo is TERRIBLE. The worst system I've ever had in a car. It's too tinny and the clarity is naff. I find I'm always fiddling with the volume for different songs due to always trying to get the levels right.

I used to own a brand new sti type-uk back in 2005, but due to job reasons I had to sell it after only 6 months. It's nice to be back in one now after so many years, but I wish it had gold wheels as standard. I will probably end up getting mine powdercoated at some point. I feel with the gold alloys it would just help it stand out a little more, but not everyone wants that I know. Maybe the dark alloys will grow on me.

I wish there was a center armrest as well!

We tend to just leave it in i-mode, or sometimes sport, not bothering with sport#. I've not messed around with the diff settings due to not really having much of a clue. Some more-helpful hand-over pointers from the dealer would have been better I think, but in all honesty driving around on UK roads the question is do I really need to bother with the diff settings?

Check out this thread explains all about i drive and the diff settings.

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/4392-i-drive-dccd-explained/

Thanks for that - very interesting reading. It's going to take some digesting before I fully get a grip though!

Basically though - if I want to press on a bit where the conditions are good, I put it in sport/sport# and engage minus?

If the snow fell on our area and we needed to get across a muddy field, I just leave the car in i-mode and engage plus?

thanks Hulkster, really good feedback and much appreciated. I will be using mine for company use so it's going to end up high mileage but I'm taking the risk and the MPG you say is good to hear as I need to make 24MPG on work trips. I did some tests with the demo car I had for a few hours and all seemed good as you advise I used "I" rather than "S#", didn't do any mpg tests in "S" but from a Subaru powerpoint I saw that the "I" setting only allows 50% boost so drops about 40-50bhp which will basically be like an economy mode (so I saw, think there is a youtube video of someone testing)

More information about the C.DIFF would be good from the dealer as nice to know when different settings should be used. Thanks for the link Pete that's really handy thanks.

Interested to know from your manual what the service internals are as some say 6K miles some say 10K miles, but whatever it comes out it's too late now as they have my deposit lol.

Hope I made the right choice as it was between this and a focus ST mountune MP275, which would have been far more sensible and had a much nicer interior but nowhere near as fun. So the waiting now commences for me.

I'm pretty sure once you get it you will be more than happy :) 

I can't remember who it was might have been Hulkster was saying Subaru already have there own maps to up the BHP after a set time. :) 

Hi everyone , I'm also in the queue for my STi and funnily enough also driving Focus RS 10plate at the moment ( must say they have held their prices amazingly well ) . My expected delivery is September and I was told by the dealer they had 1000 only to the UK due to emission restrictions on the company and they've all been snapped up . So sat tight enjoying my awesome RS but excited to be joining the Subaru club too .

• Like 1

thats what the dealer said and i twisted his arm for mats and a top paint protection detail on delivery. He was reluctant to give me anything but i did play him of against another dealer and ive ordered the new sat nav option and some other bits so hes made it back i suppose  ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate. We have done about 1200 miles in ours since getting it last month. I ran it in safely, only opening the taps to about 4000 revs a handful of times, but now we are past the 1000 miles mark it'll start to loosen up more.

To be honest I don't drive it during the week, as I do about 250 miles a week getting to work, so my wife takes it. She is averaging about 26mpg driving around our countryside roads here in North Yorkshire. On the way back from Essex where we bought it, the trip computer said we were getting an average of 34mpg for the 200 mile trip back using cruise where possible and sticking to national speed limits.

I used to have a Focus RS (it was my 4th believe it or not) and I do miss it. The performance of the sti isn't as brutal or as instant as the RS, but the levels of grip in the Subaru are fantastic. It seems to carry speed much easier than the RS. The 4-doors are a bonus for my family, having an 11 years old and 6 year old jumping in and out of the back. Cruise is nice to have as well.

The stereo is TERRIBLE. The worst system I've ever had in a car. It's too tinny and the clarity is naff. I find I'm always fiddling with the volume for different songs due to always trying to get the levels right.

I used to own a brand new sti type-uk back in 2005, but due to job reasons I had to sell it after only 6 months. It's nice to be back in one now after so many years, but I wish it had gold wheels as standard. I will probably end up getting mine powdercoated at some point. I feel with the gold alloys it would just help it stand out a little more, but not everyone wants that I know. Maybe the dark alloys will grow on me.

I wish there was a center armrest as well!

We tend to just leave it in i-mode, or sometimes sport, not bothering with sport#. I've not messed around with the diff settings due to not really having much of a clue. Some more-helpful hand-over pointers from the dealer would have been better I think, but in all honesty driving around on UK roads the question is do I really need to bother with the diff settings?

I found i-mode laboured the car more and used more fuel, try it in Sport mode, it's not mental and you'll see better mpg on longer journeys. I use i-mode in snow, Sport# when I need to have better acceleration etc.