New 2015 Subaru Wrx Sti - getting in May/June!

I assume you were referring to OP for pics high spirits?

Not wanting to hijack this thread but have any other '15 owners had problems with rattling? Its been in the garage today for a couple of rattles but driving home they're still there, and worse, the drivers side rear door has started rattling now!?

Yep - my passenger door has been rattling since new. When I took my car to the dealer last week due to the leaking rear-diff they had a look for me (took the panel off and wrapped a few wires in foam) which has made it better.

I'll be honest - i'm really quite let-down by the build-quality of this car.

Hmm, well I suppose I'm glad it's not just me! Don't get me wrong, I knew I wasn't buying German quality and perfection, but I didn't expect this level of rattling. I suppose the good news is that they checked the rear diff for me, and no leak...

@majik Where would the heat shield rattling sound be coming from though? Not the doors surely?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep - my passenger door has been rattling since new. When I took my car to the dealer last week due to the leaking rear-diff they had a look for me (took the panel off and wrapped a few wires in foam) which has made it better.

I'll be honest - i'm really quite let-down by the build-quality of this car.

No rattling for me. Love the car, completely different to the RS in terms of power delivery. Doesn't like 6th at low revs though. Can only use some features on the Nav when the handbrake is up though... :angry:  :mellow:

! You won't see another one on the roads over here, that's for sure!

Funny you should say that, was going to ask if it was any of you guys I've spotted, firstly Blue one on A45 heading towards A14 at Thrapston, Northamptonshire a few months back, and then a white one couple of weeks ago on A605 coming away from Peterborough.

You probably wouldn't have seen me but I was the BMW driver spastically waving at you and then thinking "How would they know why I'm waving" lol.

25 days left on countdown :)

No rattling for me. Love the car, completely different to the RS in terms of power delivery. Doesn't like 6th at low revs though. Can only use some features on the Nav when the handbrake is up though... :angry:  :mellow:

Power delivery? Mate - the Subaru is night and day in terms of raw on-tap power to the RS. I owned 4 RS's over the last 5 years, from standard, to mp350, to mr375. My last RS was mp350 (I thought that level of tune is the best compromise) and I'm really missing the instant kick of power from that car. It was there in every gear, but having also had one, you will know that.

My old RS still hasn't sold, it's sat at Perkins Garage in Essex. I tried to do a deal to get my car back, but it was going to be financial suicide. God knows what this Sti will be worth in a few years time. Think we'll get a shock.

Funny you should say that, was going to ask if it was any of you guys I've spotted, firstly Blue one on A45 heading towards A14 at Thrapston, Northamptonshire a few months back, and then a white one couple of weeks ago on A605 coming away from Peterborough.

Not me mate, I'm down in Hampshire.

You don't buy a STi thinking it'll hold it price. RS Cosworth's are as much now as they were back in the 80s/90s.

I often think would I have been better with a F-RS, but it didn't have 4wd or 4doors.. and at the end of teh day was too much like my wife's Ghia TDCi :(

23 days countdown has just turned into a 4 day countdown!!! It's in the country and arrived at the dealership today. It's ready for collection on Friday.... God I'm a mess now lol.

Anyone rate the paint protection and seat protection from Subaru?

Phil