New 2015 Subaru Wrx Sti - getting in May/June!

A very big hello guys.

I've managed to bag one of these (in WR Blue) - should get it first week of May. I put my deposit down in January.

Used to own a Sti Type-UK back in 2005. Had a few different cars since then, currently driving a Mountuned Focus RS mk2 which is going in for the Subaru.

Anyone else on here getting one? It's been very frustrating waiting for the UK-spec info to come through. I have spent the last month watching the American test-drives on YouTube.

I'm aware of the past engine problems with the 2.5. Just hoping mine won't suffer any meltdowns.

• Like 1

Jealous much :) 

And welcome to S.O.C 

I've not heard of anyone getting one yet so you will be the 1st on here I believe. But hope you post some pictures and give us some reviews on it. I'd love one like you been watching the Youtube videos, I'm sure the engine will be fine and any problems it had with the last car you would hope anyway have been sorted :) 

Any tips for running her in please?

Worrying about the journey home when we go and pick it up - as the dealer is hours away from us and the worst running-in you can do to a new engine is sat at constant speed (which will be hard to avoid on the motorway home!) :(

Funny enough I was thinking along those sort of lines. But thinking I could do that for you :D 

Just don't rag it really and be smooth as you can with the clutch and gear changes. And more importantly enjoy :) 

• Like 1

lucky you :D

I'd love one, but can't justify the cash for it to be sat on the drive all week

a tip for not keeping the revs the same on the motorway, come off at every other junction, just up the slip road to the roundabout and back down onto the motorway again

just enjoy :D

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - very jealous - looking forward to some pics, don't think you will have any issues related to current engines as ill wager they are using the same / similar lump as current BRZ and turbo Fozzie - running in, dont exceed the specified revs that they will tell you and do the slip road exercise to vary the load.

or warm it up then fly up the road taking it to 2/3rds redline in every gear then slow down and sit for 30 mins have a coffee / tea let the car cool down then start up again, warm up and go through the gears to the redline every time, pull over cool down cup of coffee / tea start up warm up and you are good to go run in completed.

two schools of thought, one for the road and longer life one more for the track and more for power

• Like 1

Try a route planner and select avoid motorways, gets you back roads home for lots of fun and you could even make a day of it, have lunch out at a nice pub or something :)

• Like 1

Got to get from Essex back to North Yorkshire...........gulp.

Well if you come up the east coast side along the back roads towards Grimsby let me know I will get the kettle on so I can have a good look at your new car. I might even make you one ;)  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Firstly the good news - my car has landed at the dealers this morning! I am picking it up Sunday morning!

The bad news - a bizarre phone call a few hours ago from the salesman asking "if I wanted the subaru mats putting it while it's getting prepped"...........

....Because they want me to pay another £60 for them, as they are not included in the on-the-road price apparently.

First time I've ever spend £29500 on a fecking car and not had mats put in. Left a sour taste really. I told him I wasn't happy, and that if I have to pay I will, as I'm not going to drive the brand new car away without them - and left it with him.

It's not the money - it's the principle for me.

Apparently the deal is so tight "if you want them you'll have to pay for them"