Vehicle Dynamics Control light on

ScoobyJ

Check engine light steady, vehicle dynamics control steady and cruise flashing.

This only happened on the drive home from having my new exhaust fitted.

I read up online and took the negative Battery connection off and left it for 3 hours but when I turned her over again the lights were the same on the dash. So no reset happened I assume. I had one of the wheels taken off and the ball joint wiped clean and put back but I don't think the sensor would have an issue with that.

Garage said maybe one of the cylinders has gone or maybe the spark plugs. A friend said he had a similar issue and it turned out to be a split in one of the pipes.

Any ideas? Much appreciated :)

Thank you

I found one called Dash Command (apple) that I think might work. RSR rang me after the MOT at Halfords was done, which she got through. Asked me to drive her over and they'll take a look. Scooby sounds like she's not using her full engine. Reving but not properly. Idle sounds normal. When I put some music on in the car everything was reset after disconnecting Battery so the lights on dash must be for a reason if their still on. This device & app reader idea is great, Thanks for the heads up on this! :)

• Like 1

Your welcome mate could be a few things from what you said from Fuel MAF 02 Sensor split/loose pipes. So if it has a code better to get that to help narrow it down to a smaller group of things :D 

For a tenner for app and Bluetooth connector it's worth getting absolutely. Don't think it's a cylinder, sounds and feels like some thing off, just not her perfect self. Fingers crossed it's a pipe that's inexpensive, or spark plugs that I was quoted £22 for. £200 for cylinder. I know a way of testing the sparks (take out one by one till revs drop) but she's my only Jap car that i've had that issue with so I think the plugs are one in each corner accessible only from underneath. Hoping they don't have to take parts out to get to them. I would do it myself if I knew where they were exactly. I need to do some more research :) She'll have to sit the weekend on the drive till I get the Bluetooth part of the OBD. Like you said.. narrow it down. Thanks again :) 

What fuel have you been using with it being a jap car they run better on the high Ron stuff and should get better MPG from it, I've been told can take a full tank to get the ECU running right if you have changed the fuel. I know my's a UK car but runs horrible on the 95 ron. Just a bit of food for thought :)

Does that apply to the coolant as well? I put in standard (blue) in and the guys reckon I should have used performance (orange?).

I have put premium petrol in her before a couple of times (funds allowing) and she likes it a lot. Didn't realise better MPG from it, Thanks for heads up on that. Bought a couple of years ago & did nothing to her. Previous 3 owners were mechanics. Then I got work in LDN so put her off the road cos I couldn't afford both. Now leaving LDN to go back, hence hasty to get her back on the rd. New Battery and started first time like the dream car she is. Always had a hole in the exhaust so never known what she should really be like. Only thing I had to patch to get through previous MOT. I work MX track/RedBull events some times so my car knowledge is not extensive & I'm the only one that loves Jap cars too (hidden gems it seems). This site has been a great help! 

As for the coolant seen a few arguments about this. Now I would say they are talking !Removed! if you used a long life one just means you need to change it less thats all. Subaru themselves used to use green longlife and have now moved over to a blue longlife that was only ever used in the STI's. 

Again I have a tester to see how well or strong my colant's are so I just use that so I wouldn't worry too much about that but the fuel is worth putting the high Ron in ?to be fair I think all Boxer engines run better with it turbo or non turbo. :)