Bought this engine told it was new

Right long story short I was hunting for a Honda CRV engine 2.2 for a 07 plate. I tried many places as I like to shop around and came across this place that said they have one brand new engine in £1840 delivered said it had been tested done less than 200 miles in test. So would any of you agree with me this has done more than 200 miles 

WP_20140319_005_zps18b1ac2b.jpg

WP_20140319_004_zpsaa61e665.jpgWP_20140319_003_zps6b1b8c68.jpgWP_20140319_002_zps4a595720.jpgWP_20140319_001_zpsce3e8d98.jpg

Just point out it's meant to be less than 200 miles blike said it would be more like 10 to 40 miles but I just said less than 200 :) And I agree the carbon/soot is a lot the hose clips are rusted dust/dirt all over it. And I know Pommy this is the problem I'm facing now I could have got another one that had 42K on it for £1280 But was told this is new so got this one now don't know the full milage on it but I'm pretty sure it's not done less miles from what they have told me.

I would call the bloke and voice your concerns, see what he says and take it from there really. Write down what he says about it all. And then if he doesn't offer some sort of refund or deal that you are happy with him start to imply you are looking to take him to court over fraud. That should scare him enough to refund something.

I rang them yesterday to moan because on the side it says 40050 which I thought might be the mileage but they said its the stock number. And no its meant to be brand new he said they had 5 that was on its way too Honda mainstealers when the lorry they was on crashed. Honda then refused them so the insurance company sold them on who I bought it from. -_-

I wonder if the lorry crashed in the floods. Just the outward appearance makes it look old. The metal around the exhaust port looks very clean, but the inside of it looks much older as does the condition of the pulleys

Thats what I thought but would they be that much soot from a car thats done I quote no more than 40 miles ? 

But for arguments sake would it be like that after 200 miles And it still has the rubber hose on one picture that you can see they didn't even remove the clip to take it off just cut it. Which also made me wonder but I did think it might have been from when it was tested and they just cut it knowing the rest is getting broken down. 

What I was thinking but I was wondering if they had some how steam cleaned the other parts and missed the one with all the Soot in it. As you can see not a mark on the other parts. I'm going to give them another ring tomorrow and try find out how they store and test the engines :) 

I didn't think it would build up that fast but saying that I've never seen a new engine after it's been tested. Only ever seen well worn and high mileage engines or full rebuild engines that all look nice and clean. Like Tlags and Savage's :D 

Yeah the inside parts was fine clean as a whistle as you can see. I'm guessing it was sat in a CRV with the bonnet lid open I found the turbo from the engine they are selling and it's never been used you can see that. But will find out by Friday if it works it should be in by then and I got 90 days warranty on it extended from the normal 60 days they offer.