NEW PROBLEM Possible Head Gasket ?

Well I use our shop exhaust gas tester so you don't really want buy one of those as super expensive. Either take it to local garage & get them sniff over rad filler & see if can conclude anything or buy a chemical test kit but test kit may not work well if can't run car very long.

Still sounds very much like an airlock though but to be honest they are not normally much bother to refill & I can not recall having any major airlock issues on any I dealt with. 

i think air lock  aaahhhhh not looking good i cant bleed the !Removed! air lock have one more go today......heater blows cold air only been like that for while before i had over heating problem could here it gurgle behind dash but not for a while now ..new rad on new water pump and thermostat...i cant do it aahhhhhh
fan dont want to stop runs for long time i worry and turn of car after ten minutes of the fan running and you can here fluid boiling like mad but no thick white smoke just little condensation that quickly evaporates when ticking over .......... dont think i will make the show GUTTED icon_redface.gif
TOP PIPE ON RAD GETs HOT BOTTOM PIPE ONLY LUKE Warm

If you drop the coolant out again try flushing any pipework (with a inlet and outlet ) with a garden hose espically the heater matrix .When you refill the coolant make sure the heater controls are on hot and fill it slowly with the engine off and squeeze any hoses as you fill .

then start it up and keep toping up the header tank as it idles

During this DONT LET THE HEADER TANK SUCK DRY as this is what causes the air locks during a refill

best of luck baz as surely you're due some luck by now bud

• Like 1

can do with luck im greatful will give ago later  ( raining )   garden hose  will try that and would that force air out   mmmmmmmm  i like it nothing to lose

ok i drain out coolant do everything all back up and connect garden hose to heater matric inlet and after that i will try to connect hose  somwere else and see what happens drain out again add coolant again and see what happens................is that right

I'd use the garden hose on any coolant pipes that you can top and bottom hose, turbo hoses header tank ect .basically any coolant hose that has a in and out so you can see it flowing and know it's not blocked .

just make sure that header tank is constantly full during the refill

done all that ..... ok removed the thermostat tried that but the fans wont stop possible tempature switch i will change tonite and order another thermostat 3rd one...hoping to resolve and then see if there is chance of spare ticket for club stand fingers crossed not had any luck but maybe light at the end of the tunnel

sniffer test done last night all clear there no problem...........as i have removed thermostat as i thought it may be at fault the fans will not stop could i have a faulty tempature coolant sensor would that be the cause;;;; anyone have any knowledge on temp coolant switch thingy 

am i getting warm what else can i do.........just a thought would the coolant temp sensor only be for the temp gauge is there a separate one for ecu possibly to tell my fans to stop and start as they keep going wont stop i have removed thermostat at mo as thought that was  problem

Fan relays are switched via ECU. I would check heater matrix not blocked or partially blocked as this make circulation very poor, also I would suggest only ADL or genuine Subaru thermostats as many other run of the mill brand thermostats don't work well on the Subaru.

My guess is still a blockage in the system & some more flushing may be needed ... Take it the temp gauge on dash seems report the facts correctly !?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The way I bleed the cooling system is take little pipe off top of radiator from header tank fill header tank and blow on header tank keep filling and blowing in header tank until coolant comes out of the top of radiator a nice flow allowing all air out of system and topping header tank at same time then refit pipe top header tank up run engine for bout 30 seconds with cap off and then refit job done wait for fans to cut in then let it cool and just top up header tank if required I always do it this way and never have any probs cheers martin sss

• Like 3