Silver scoobs show me your wheels

JusNoGood

Hi All

I have a 01G platinum blob. My wheels could do with a refurb so I'm going to get a colour change.

Can you guys with silver scoobs show me some pics with your wheels please to give me some idea what to go for?

I have bog standard silver wheels but like the colour of the fronts with a lot of brake dust on them

Unsure of the exact colour tbo I don't even know what type of rotas they are [emoji15][emoji5]

Their probably more of a graphite (dark grey metalic)

post-1399-140354537159_thumb.jpg

Slightly better pic of the wheels but still doesn't show the colour to well

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unsure of the exact colour tbo I don't even know what type of rotas they are [emoji15][emoji5]

Their probably more of a graphite (dark grey metalic)

attachicon.gif20140518_141301.jpg

Slightly better pic of the wheels but still doesn't show the colour to well

They look lovely wheels. Not 100% but think I'm going to go for slightly lighter. Something like this

post-2293-140355429133_thumb.jpg

standard Subaru black chrome

file_zpsbec249ab.jpg

I had them powdercoated as graphite to get a more even finish when I refurbed them

DSCF0273_zps5182ae55.jpg

Interesting you say powder coated. I've not looked into that as a choice. Can I ask why you chose powder coating, how long since ypuge done them and how is it holding up?

I'd have chose lighter wheels for mine (if I'd had a choice) as dark tend to get a bit "lost " in the dark arches imo .

I Surpose it depends on how much you want the wheels to stand out and personal preference.

At the end of the day if you like em it's the right choice [emoji6]

I'm sure you'll get a few more pics of silver scoobs with un stock wheels, cos there's a few on here

Btw, I have the same tyres. !Removed! brilliant in the wet [emoji3]

Yea mate love em. Bloke before me put cheap Chinese on the back to get it through the mot before selling to me...got a four wheel side in the wet doing a slow speed around a roundabout, scared the !Removed! out of me...the very next day I got four of these and it's almost like buying a new car [emoji3]

I quite liked those ones (used to have them before I got bbs) but didn't like the offset or width. I think they'd look good in anthracite tho, dark enough to look menacing but not enough to get lost with the tyres / arches.

Yes I have been looking at anthracite. Not seen it in the fresh...looks like a bronze/black kinda colour on the web pics I've seen. That a fair description?

• 2 weeks later...

10403151_10152202617131188_5017549024630

10005936_10152066472386188_7440964845925

Very nice STI there mate. I like the effect on the first picture...thats some mirroring there!

problem with these scooby sites is every time I go on them I see another car I want lol. I was looking at a P1 on Autotrader yesterday...wtf. 

Very nice STI there mate. I like the effect on the first picture...thats some mirroring there!

problem with these scooby sites is every time I go on them I see another car I want lol. I was looking at a P1 on Autotrader yesterday...wtf. 

Cheers bud, yeah amazing what you can do with instergram. I spent half a day cleaning her that day she diserved a pic ;)

I was tempted to go black alloys but i think im going to stick with gold, just need some decent brake pads that dont make them black after 5 mins.

at current i have old wrx 16" alloys that came accoss on the wagon when imported, but im looking at a set of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axe-EX8-Alloy-Wheels-Euro-Concave-Rims-4x100-4x108-4x114-5x100-5x114-15x8-ET30-/170980607647?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item27cf3d069f in black

really into the whole wide wheel, flared arches look at the mo'