walbro 255 fuel pump

wrxweston

Walbro seemed to have slipped down the ladder compared to other brands but it's easy to fit. It's under the back seat so not to hard to access either like some cars that stick it in the !Removed! fuel tank. And the car should run fine without a map on it will help the flow of fuel a lot more when the car needs it. But like with most mods to get full benefits the remap is needed :) 

I wouldn't get another walbro pump, it cost me £80 and didn't even last 2 years, it nearly killed my engine when it failed.

It won't need a remap, the fuel pressure regulator only allows the same pressure of fuel through, it will just be less likely to under fuel at high rpm

Think my walbro failed after 2yrs/8k miles so I fitted the rcm pump (much quieter )

Heres a Couple of pointers for fitting a fuel pump on a classic , might help once you've decided which one to get

Make sure you clean/hover around the area before you remove the cover plate and sender unit . To minimise the chance of crap dropping in the tank .

Looking through the boot on my 97 uk turbo with the seats folded down shows the location .

F343EB62-orig_zps414d0e94.jpg

The fuel lines will be pressurised so have plenty of rag to hand when disconnecting them .

unplug and withdraw the complete sender unit/ fuel pump cradle and cover the hole in the tank. while you switch your new pump into the cradle be careful not to bend the fuel gauge sender.

ED8D246E-orig_zpseda8ff42.jpg

the walbro wiring kit only had one plug so I had to cut the existing wires and and join them . Seeing as their "in tank" I cut them different lengths (so they could never touch) soldered them together and shrink wrapped them .

took about a hour

• Like 1

Ordered my fuel pump today from lateral performance! Spoke to the guy about them ɑnd they are not walboro with new internals they are aromotives own pump shipped in from the states! Better flow rates ɑnd much better reliability aparently. They sell both but if you ask they recomend the aromotives. I'll let you know how I get on guys

• Like 1

Nice one thinking of having another remap done on mine now fuel costs seems to have found it's balance again :) And just increase the performance on the blobeye a little just from standard.  

• Like 1