Unmarked Police Car A19

tom_gr7

Just a bit of an FYI or any regular A19 drivers.

North of Middlesbrough I Spotted a white BMW Estate, can't recall the specific model. But it was definitely an plain clothed traffic officer in an unmarked car. He had a ton of gadgets on his dash and was cruising along about 60-65 heading North, then dropped into Peterlee and headed to the Police Station. 

I'm assuming it was a usual route for him, however, even though loads of cars passed going well over 70mph, and a lorry that nearly crashed into him, he didn't bother his !Removed! to intervene. I also assume that he was probably coming to the end of his shift and couldn't be bothered.

Worth keeping your eye out if you use the road frequently.

• Like 3

Cheers for the heads up. I don't go up that way often least I know to look out for :)

All along the A19 you have to keep your eye out for both marked and unmarked traffic cops. Tend to see them at least 2-3 times a week.

When I was up there the other month it was a marked car going down there pretty funny watching the idiots flying from behind to overtake and instant brake lights and pull into the 1st lane  :lol:

At the moment I have a nice squeaky-clean licence with zero points. I have taken these feckers to the cleaners quite a few times over the last few years, they absolutely hate it. You have to be prepared to fight!

post-2579-0-79109700-1404763836_thumb.jp

At the moment I have a nice squeaky-clean licence with zero points. I have taken these feckers to the cleaners quite a few times over the last few years, they absolutely hate it. You have to be prepared to fight!

attachicon.gifspeed scamera.jpg

Have you been caught and let off then? Can you give us some tips?

Have you been caught and let off then? Can you give us some tips?

No!.....you don`t get "let off". and the best thing you can do is purchase a GPS speed scamera detector, preferably one that talks to you and shows your correct speed, your speedo`s are calibrated approximately 4 MPH above what you are actually doing., the radar detectors are pretty useless, by the time it beeps your already caught.

Join pepipoo forums: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=5  This is by far the most useful site for information on speeding/parking tickets. 

Don`t get fobbed of by thses crank websites that promise you "All you need to know about how to avoid tickets" for £20.00 its all rubbish info and little more than a scam. 

Its been a few years since I boned up on motoring law and some things may have changed so best thing would be pepipoo forums, its free to join. 

But i`ll give you a couple of tips.

I`ll start at the beginning.......are we sitting comfortably?

When the dreaded NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution)  drops on your mat 1st you check the postage, it has to be sent 1st class minimum by law, anything less.....and the NIP is unenforceable.(this does happen occasionally)

It also has to be sent to the vehicles owner within 14 days of the alleged offence. 

If any of the above apply don`t throw away the envelope!

You also have 28 days to reply so always always always use that time. 

Ok so like I said i`m not up to speed with any changes in the law so from here I would suggest pepipoo forums.

About 7 years ago I was on chemo for hepatitis c and couldn't work for a good few years and seeing as I had about 9 points on my license I decided to fight back (it kept me sane!) I avoided 3 or 4 tickets and also helped a good few mates do the same, its not always avoidable but if you know a little of the law surrounding this sometimes devious practice it can be very useful.

Sometimes you have to be ballsy enough to go to court and fight your corner.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifspeed scamera.jpg

Same here with the licence no point's and I'd like to keep it that way. I've had many an argument with lets just say stupid people that still think these save lives  <_<  

• 6 months later...

Oh don't get me started I've had an on going rant about speed cameras. They boil my ****. How their even still allowed is beyond me.

Tell you what pisses me of. Kids smashing up bus shelters and phone boxes when there are speed cameras to be trashed!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This topic is very interesting! Do you think there can be a topic with all "unmarked" spots we find, the colour and make of them and also try to put location on a map? Or am I asking too much?!? :huh:

This topic is very interesting! Do you think there can be a topic with all "unmarked" spots we find, the colour and make of them and also try to put location on a map? Or am I asking too much?!? :huh:

Nothing stopping you starting the thread matey - if there is enough of a take up we can sticky it

haha yeah that would be great if you could mate ;)