New to Subaru but... i get it.

soop

Not sure its whatever my garage puts in at service time,

I did an interim change 2.5k and used some fuchs 10/40 semi synth which seemed ok too. Speak to tim at opie oils for best recommendations (plus we get discount) I'm deciding weather to run fully synthetic next time. But a bit unsure.

No worries mate I'm just learning as I go along too lol.

The earlier engines are pretty soild so unless you start putting loads of power into her I'd just see how you go, does it sound like two metalic coconuts being bashed together when you start ? (Sorry only thing I can liken it to) if it gets worse then I'd look into replacing it

I run 10w/60 fully synthetic from car lube and its spot on

What's the opinion on pedders?

Its talked about a lot.I personaly think its just a branded name like nike or reebok.They seem popular good quality so ive heard im pretty sure there an Austrailian firm but have branches or dealers through out the world.As far as I no they also make springs and other bits and pieces.Ive bought some boge rear shocks.

Yeah that's what I thought, they seemed to have the best description of what each car needs rather than generic pictures and prices

I've jist put the loweing kit on from them mate, so far so good the ride feels tight and it sits lower handles better, but then again anything would have been better than the original shocks.

They actually feel better when your pushing on really comfy at motorway speeds

I don't know about these engines much, are mine and stants much different?

Ours have different trubo, different compression ratio, grey 380cc injectors as rick says, along with a few other bits, different coil packs and intercooler. Think ricks is based on the ver 4/5 impreza and ours is 3/4

• Like 2

Sag sorry lol.

The classic impreza weighs about 1220kg the foz weighs nearly 1500kg but im not sure what spring rates are on the impreza, you getting wagon springs or ones from a saloon ?

I was looking at apexi springs and in there listing its says saloon and estates are the same lol

Ours have different trubo, different compression ratio, grey 380cc injectors as rick says, along with a few other bits, different coil packs and intercooler. Think ricks is based on the ver 4/5 impreza and ours is 3/4

What is the version 4/5 then lol.Mine is first generation forester isn't it?

Im wondering if ive got sls springs on non sls shocks.I still trying to figure out if my forester ever came with sls as std because the shocks I have on now arnt original

Not sure on that one mate, don't know when they were introduced onto the model, do you have a handbook or owt like that maybe point you in the right dieection, could always ask your local subaru dealer

I seen a forester today exactly like yours same colour and wheels they seem quiet common

Not sure on that one mate, don't know when they were introduced onto the model, do you have a handbook or owt like that maybe point you in the right dieection, could always ask your local subaru dealer

I do have a hand book I will have a quick look now lol