Lee's STI

King^Lee

Hi guys thought i would start a progress thread, although updates will proberly be a little slow :/

So i got my Subaru Impreza STI Type UK few months ago with 55k on the clock, very good service history and a recent cam-belt change.

Current mods

•     Windows tinted
  •     HKS Dumpvalve
  •     Prodrive kit from factory
  •     Ninja backbox

here is how she looked at the garage.

media.jpeg

Looks pretty clean in the pic, but my god did it have tar spots all round, so first thing first was to give it a good detail.

•     Rinsed
  •     Washed
  •     Clayed
  •     Washed
  •     Polished
  •     waxed

IMG_20140621_115540.jpg
20140426_184525.jpg

20140426_202134.jpg

20140621_141353.jpg

Was happy with the results but being a 9 year old car and going into fine detail you notice all the imperfections, one being thats annoying the hell out of me still to this day is overspray on the body work, im a decorator by trade so i can see what has happened here, the car was parked near a house that was having the out side painted and wind has took speckles of paint and they have landed on the car, there is about 30 / 35 speckles of white paint on the rear quarter/ spoiler can just see it here in this pic.

20140531_132946.jpg

I have been told i can get rid of these with a machine polisher?

• Like 2

Anyway one thing im not keen on with the blob's is the headlights i cant stand the orange bit so got some new headlights made up in black with a halo, while swapping them over as you might know you need to take off the air ducting well these two 10ml screws would be the first thing i take off on my subaru and guess what..... they both snaped.... yes both wtf guess who ever last put it back on over tourqued it.

two nice snaped screws

20140726_100058.jpg

From that point i really thought every screw would be the same but actually everything els went fine old light come out easy enough, while the lights are out its a good time to get cleaning [:D]

Before

20140726_100049.jpg

After

20140726_104527.jpg

Before

20140726_102727.jpg

After

20140726_104536.jpg

Lights Before

20140726_091718.jpg

Lights After

20140726_172102.jpg

Before

20140726_091707.jpg

After

20140726_172049.jpg

• Like 1

While
the front lights was out changed sidelight to a L.E.D to try and match
halo colour, used Osram nightbraker as main bulb and also changed the
amber bulb for silver of course [:)]

20140726_191241.jpg

20140726_210308.jpg

20140726_210518.jpg

20140726_210428.jpg

Neighbour also has a scooby and we like to park next to each other [:D]

20140726_210819.jpg

So thats all i have done so far, still have abit to do but also looking
for some advice because i really dont wanna go over the top with mods
and make it look a little chavy.

Things i want to do for defo

•     Coil overs (dont have a massive budget like £400/500 need advice on makes?)
  •     Door Speakers (existing are shocking will get these upgraded at some point)
  •     New headunit (getting very soon)
  •     New pads and disks. (someone please tell me which ones dont give off the most brake dust [:D] )

Things im not sure on.

•     Front mesh in grill and bumper do i go black... ?
  •     Wheels black or keep as it is
  •     Front splitter do i get one? if i do keep black or colour code

Thats about it for now, good and bad feedback always welcome if you dont like something say it i like everyone's opinion.

• Like 1

that is a tidy motor the light mods look great

my 2p for the mods

black mesh - yes

splitter - keep it black

wheels go anthracite rather than black as the black makes the rims look smaller

• Like 1

Love the car, look on eBay.com for bits like coilovers http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2005-SUBARU-WRX-HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION-DAMPER-COILOVERS-SYSTEM-RED-/310776047540?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru&hash=item485bb227b4&vxp=mtr loads cheaper.

Wheels Black :)

Black Mesh

Headunit i would go with Alpine, very good fit and you can get in the same colors that your dials are already

• Like 1

Thanks peeps

Looks like mesh is going black at some point then ;). Im still not 100% on dark wheels im scared it will loose the originality (oem) look really not sure.

Looks like ill be putting my Halfords card to use, think im going for a pioneer touch screen head unit, has DAB just dont want a silly looking areial on my dash.

Ash the coil-overs are from the states? You know if there any good. Iv had eBay specials before and the ride was horrid dont want to make that mistake again.

Hmmm i personally think anything over 500 is a bit extreme to lower a car, but if the comfort and handling is there i might re consider, my best bet would be to test drive a budget set but dont know anyone local with them on.

Thanks peeps

Looks like mesh is going black at some point then ;). Im still not 100% on dark wheels im scared it will loose the originality (oem) look really not sure.

Looks like ill be putting my halfords card to use, think im going for a pioneer touch screen head unit, has DAB just dont want a silly looking areial on my dash.

Ash the coil-overs are from the states? You know if there any good. Iv had ebay specials before and the ride was horrid dont want to make that mistake again.

I just got the pioneer 3500 dab double din unit from Halfords. Excellent piece of kit and even with standard speakers gives a much nicer sound. Good bit of discount with the club card as well. :-)

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

I just got the pioneer 3500 dab double din unit from halfords. Excellent piece of kit and even with standard speakers gives a much nicer sound. Good bit of discount with the club card as well. :-)

Cheers

Alan

Yes im getting this on too, did it come with a DAB areial where did you mount it?

Hmmm i personally think anything over 500 is a bit extreme to lower a car, but if the comfort and handling is there i might re consider, my best bet would be to test drive a budget set but dont know anyone local with them on.

If comfort is a priority is for you these units wouldnt have been, they were track orientated BC's - ER's I think

Well comfort is priority due to car being a daily driver, think i just need to do abit of research before i make the plunge.

In other news i got my new Pioneer head unit today touch screen with DAB just need to find a time to fit it ;)

Funny enough I had white paint speckles over the side of my car too...i didn't notice it when I bought it so think it happened at my house or in a car park. I've removed most of it with Clay.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1407102914.568174.jpg

Iv ran a clay bar over once, ill give it another go before japfest2 i think.

Got my headuint installed yesterday.

New one to go in

20140806_110104.jpg

Old one coming out

20140806_110056.jpg

Guess the previouse owner didnt want to just get a plug converter, alot of cut n shut going on, didnt make my life easy tbh

20140806_130922.jpg

Mic for hand's free on top of drivers side pillar

20140806_112834.jpg

DAB Areial on passanger side pillar

20140806_130930.jpg

USB in Ashtray for now

20140806_134702.jpg

All done

20140806_134653.jpg

Really impressed with the sound quality, alot better than the kenwood crap that was in there, still might upgrade my speakers though.

Looking good mate, I had that head unit in my T4 great bit of kit.... Get downloading dash command and connect your phone up it looks awesome on there as it does that app streaming :)