What special Impreza to get?

JusNoGood

I'm doing 100 miles a day with work at the moment. I didnt want to buy a car and lose a lot of money due to depreciation and I also wanted something comfy for doing those sort of miles so I went with a standard blob WRX. I pleased with my choice and am really enjoying Scoobie ownership again. My mind has started to wonder towards the end of the year when I won't be doing the miles and therefore could get something a little rarer and a bit more interesting. 

I've only ever owned newage but I've always loved the classic shape. I'm thinking perhaps I should go for a P1 or RB5. I love the P1 shape and colour and always remember the Top Gear Tiff review :D 

Is there anything else I should consider? Type R or RA? I'm not really feeling the love for an import but should I?

I've counted out a 22b just because of the purchase price for a good one and the fact that I'd feel guilty driving it! 

P1 are a car that you use occasionally, same with the RB5's so finding an unmolested version cheap will most likely end up costing you pennies in the long run.

Type R classics are good and are also 3 door's generally speaking they are cheaper to buy as well. failing that get a Mica blue 555 edition.

• Like 1

Spec ed = special edition.

No particular one.

Money no object then 22b would be my choice.

If it were me I'd go for a P1 or WRX Type RA STI. Hence the holy grail quip as an unmolested one is rare as Bantha poodoo!!

Ah yea lol..,it's was quite tricky finding a virgin WRX. Still I'll be in no rush so could spend an age searching [emoji4]

What's the diff between RA and R? And what is the diff between those and a standard STI?

Type r's are 2 door and most people think that their better equipped than a p1

Ra stands for race altered and comes in various guises .

Some ra's (especially the wrx ones) only have ally bonnets and wishbones .

Whereas a "true" wrx sti ra has no spoiler/side skirts , manual window winders and a factory fitted roof flap.

In a nutshell ra means it's lighter version compared to a normal wrx , wrx sti or a wrx sti type r

• Like 1

Mind you I think what I've gained with the rusty weight saving arches ......

I've lost more with the fooking heavy 6 speed box [emoji4]

Back on topic I'd love a type r Shell as (generally) it would be much cleaner than a uk p1 .

I don't think the p1's come with rear 2 pot calipers and I'm unsure if they have dccd , like some type r's

My WRX hasn't got folding mirrors and rear wiper and tbh I don't miss them :) I would miss not having a Stereo with USB or a turbo :D

Budget isn't fixed, between 8 and 15 but I would go above that for the right car. I just don't want to buy something so special I'm paranoid about taking it out (22b)