Failed my class 1 test today

Rick 2014

Been driving class 1 truck all week for my lessons instructor tells me my driving is fine,and my reverse manoveure is good as well.Ive been practising the reverse in the instructors yard and its bang on.Test day was today I asked alsorts of questions about manoveures asking and double checking what I was doing etc.I got to the test centre and believe it or not I wasn't nervous lol.I did the uncouple and recouple dead easy then it come to the reverse manoveure where I balls it up.The  reversing bit of the track was like 3 times bigger and I did the same as I did in my lessons and I knocked a cone over going backwards.I was going mad.I said is that a fail to the examiner he said yes.he said I could carry on with the drive which I didn't see the point I just wanted to go home.i felt really deflated.So lesson learnt.Gonna rebook my test for some time in September.I didn't see the point of carrying on with the test if I had failed already .

Sorry to hear that rick,i remember doing my class 2,when I was working for a gully cleaning company,same as you brilliant all week,on the day,nervous as anything but I passed.There was a bloke in the company who did what you did,but he did it 4 times,and eventually passed.You will pass mate,only advice my instructor gave me was take your time and if you lose the plot,Handbrake neutral compose yourself and start again,and he also said if you fail the reversing still carry on as you will see what the test is like,and you wont worry so much next time...and you're paying for the test so might as well get your or your firms moneys worth.I keep thinking of doing my class 1,plus the stupid cpc but not to sure.Good luck for the next time mate

• Like 1

Ive been driving rigids for 7 1/2 yrs now 18t and 27t trucks.I finished my cpc about 3 weeks ago.Driving class 1 is easy.just the reversing exercise wasnt as clear cut as i thought.i now no i need to go wider with the trailer.im gutted to say the least as its not cheap to take the test.my mate cheered me up though.He was doing a night out in sutton cold field and woke up this morning to find his abs lead got robbed and had to drive back with out it lol

!Removed! hell.Thieving baskets! Just out of interest how much was your cpc and is it a load of crap?They say theres a shortage of drivers but down my way they don't pay good money its disgusting.i should do my cpc just so ive got it as you never know but the missus says you might not go back into driving...so don't know what to do.

I paid £280 all in.you can do the same module 5 times.its a load of balls to be honest.the country work out we are 3 1/4s of a million drivers short and the money will go up.i only want my class1 for a skill.im a plumber by trade and i think after christmas i will quit driving

bugger and sorry to hear mate, next time you nail it  :ph34r:

when i did mine back in the 80s there was so much snow (was February) that the truck was slipping all over the shop so the examiner called it a day while i quiet injoyed it  :lol: 

was rebooked 2 weeks later FOC and passed with flying colours  :) 

• 1 month later...