I am the proud owner of a scooby now! All i have ever dreamed of :D

nyall7

cool, i paid 3000 for it so thats what i was hoping you were gonna say. im sure mine is a v3

cambelt and water pump already has been changed.

its got a decat system all the way though and bigger top mount intercooler, uprated air filter and dumpvalve

i was thinking of changing my brakes 2 Brembo but i have heard i dont need too as im just paying for the make and other ones do just as good as job. what do u recommend?

anything you recommend me upgrading on it the car?

and because its older car im worried about doing a dyno test? should i be? would like to see what its running at, i believe they are 280 standard?

did you do much to yours?

Hi n welcome to soc .

Nice looking classic you've got there , fella [emoji106]

the model code of the silver plate under the bonnet cross referenced with the list in jays link ,is the best way to identity what version and model you've got .

If it's got a facelift dash (white dials) and a rear wash wiper it's probably a jdm v4 .

If it's got intercooler water spray buttons on the dash and the silver tmic / red inlet it's probably a v4 sti .

• Like 1

thanks mate, yeah its definitely a version 4sti, i dont know why i put v3 above.

how much am i looking at 2 upgrade the turbo on it? and what one you recommend? and guessing i would need to remap it with the new turbo

what do u think about a dyno test?

Tbo I'm unsure If yours has got a tdo5 or vf 22 either way both will see you to about 340 hp (with a remap and supporting mods)

That's about the (reliable) limit of the classic drivetrain anyways.

I always do a oil and filter change prior to going on a dyno. imo a good dyno operator will check over prior to the run and listen to det cans during it (cutting the run short if it's not running right)

So i think it's safer that flooring it down a slip lane .

• Like 1

spend some time getting to know your car as is - there is a lot more to be had than just bolting a bigger turbo on, decide what you want from the car and look to make changes off the back of that - you can spend £1000 on a brake upgrade alone (albeit you will stop on a 2p). The forum has some excellent classic project  threads, both Matt and Savage are prime examples of choice upgrades.

Bolting on a bigger turbo in isolation may just end up in a short term gain followed by a complete engine rebuild.

• Like 1

thanks mate i definitely wouldnt do that i would always get advice before i touch the engine, i know how risky it would be expecially with a car its age. im not wanting to get as much as i can out of it, i like it how it is but this is all for future reference if i do want to change a few bits.

i want to upgrade the brakes as its a fast car and i want greater stopping power. always loved brembos since i was a kid but like the look of the godspeed set up

its running a td04 turbo

When mapped with surporting mods

Standard Tdo4's are good for 290hp ish .

Tdo5's 16 g's are good for 350 hp mark.

Tdo5's a straight swap but any change in turbo model or injector size will need to be mapped in

What colour are the injectors ?

Yellows 440cc (340 hp)

Greys 380cc (290 hp )

Did you check the model code

• Like 1

Seems the shells a v4 sti due to the model code and having the yellows point's to a sti engine.

Hopefully it's just had a turbo switch although, other than cost , I don't see why you'd fit a smaller turbo .

Check on the cold side of the turbo there should be a code like

Tdo4 HL or tdo5 HL .

What other mods has it got Ecu , boost gauge, zorst , dump valve ect ?

Standard ecu's can't be mapped on the v3/v4 so here's a few options (cheapest first )to google .

Esl daughter board

Apexi

Simtec

Alcertek (simtec updated)

Syvecs

If it is a tdo4 I'd look for something like a front entry tdo5 or vf 35 and fit that before the expensive of re mapping

• Like 1

Yeah its not got a standard ECU,  it can be remapped, couldnt tell you which make it is though. decat exhaust, got a boost gauge and uprated dump valve.

not the greatest with cars so my apologies but slowly learning stuff