My Scooby now sounds like a Scooby!!

Sandals

After finally buying an Impreza which was completely standard, was unusual to hear one that is completely standard! So the quest for making the noise had to start...

Thankfully I have a mate who is quite handy around cars which saved me quite a few pennies!

So the first thing was replacing the panel filter, opted for a pipercross filter... we then set about removing the airbox resonator!! Took a bit of time but we got there and what a big difference! Can hear the air getting sucked in and hear the dump valve, even tho it's a recirc! Result!

G3pwCUe.jpg

Next thing, exhaust!!

dKAaeLp.jpg

No wonder it was quiet, the size of the silencer on the standard exhaust is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!! So we managed to pull that off... I opted to go for a Japspeed 4.5" slashed tailpipe... tis very nice looking and not too loud (only back box)

BDsyhYb.jpg

Now I have the classic Subaru burble... I am a very happy man! and it's not too loud so the Mrs is happy as well!!

• Like 1

Nice choice looks good [emoji106]

Same First 3 performance mods I did, watch out though cos it's a slippery slope [emoji39]

Not gonna go mental, will not do anymore until next year probably!! Could do with new front tyres, still tread on them but they are cracking a little so looks like they are just old. Will get that done in the next few weeks...

Next thing I would like to do is get some better discs and pads installed, but like I said will probably be some point next year!!