Got ripped off on ebay

Rick 2014

I paid for a std bov valve from a Subaru impreza only £15 but not the point.A week later and nothing so I messaged the seller and later that night I get a message saying only just seen this I will have it posted special delivery tomorrow that was Friday gone.That same night I messaged about another item to catch him out and I get a message saying just arrived back in the uk! I thought is he taking the fu*king p*ss or what.So ive complained to eBay and I trying digging up some information up on him.I clicked return item to see if I would get his address but it didn't give it me,so I cancelled the return item and it was noted on eBay.Anyway after lots of messages eBay said if you go to paypal they will sort it out!so I went ok and went to paypal.But when you click on the seller in the resoloution it then says go to eBay for the money.Have I missed something here or what?

How do I go about getting my money back because it seems there is no direct contact email address for ebay or paypal and when I phoned paypal they had me on hold for nearly half an hour which is not right.Im absoloutely Fu*ked off with all this scamming and ripping off

go into paypal, then to the find the payment, click on it, scroll down click the link to the resolution centre and go from there mate.

It will give the seller so many days to respond, if they dont respond you get the money back. But as you aint received the item (and they cant prove they have sent it) you will get a refund mate.

Sorry to hear it rick but it does happen mate.It does you **** you off.When ive been in the same situation as you and ive just dealt with eBay via the resoloution button or something like and its normally straight forward.Never had to deal with paypal mate always eBay.Open up eBay account and if you cant sort it look for live chat and ask/tell them about it.  Toms beat me to it

Ive managed to message customer services again and they send you round in circles.if it was a private sale with out eBay it would have been easy.But eBay send me to paypal and paypal send me to eBay!It puts you off trusting people there is so many rip off merchants about now it spoils it for the genuine people.I will wait now to hear what eBay say :(

Hi Rick 2014, Recommend best thing to do: Raise a Case in the eBay Resolution Centre. eBay will then have a record of the information provided by the seller and you such that you will automatically get your money back under the eBay long distance selling rules. You shouldn't need to go to Paypal directly because you traded through eBay who are thereby obligated as the trader to resolve the problem, not Paypal. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

did you check his feedback?

not sold any thing for over a year until you bought his DV. All other feedback is at least a year old and is for sales of complete cars.

TBH I wouldn't have bought it from him with that feedback.

No I didn't check his feedback.i trusted him though turns out I was wrong to trust.Good job it was only £15 and not a £100

Is it possible it's now too late to raise a case? Doubt it mind. I do it via My eBay on the laptop. Click on the won item and go to solve a problem.

I recently bought 2 pairs of active 3d glasses and neither worked. Raised a case, the bloke didn't respond so eBay gave me a full refund and let me keep the glasses which was daft.

Sent them back to him obviously.

Do resolution through PayPal, just done one today for failiure to receive item so know it can be done via PayPal & far better than the eBay resolution faffing about ...

Once resolution opened in PayPal you escalate to claim them once reviewed you get refund.

£15 not a big deal but better in your pocket.

Is wise do some research before buy anything on eBay as it is not what it use to be ...

• Like 1

if still in time frame for claim (think it 40 days from purchase date) all you need do is login to paypal, look at you recent payments & copy the transaction ID for transaction in question.

Then on main paypal summary page you will see resolution link on the lower left

Click link & go through steps & write your issues to seller, be polite & smart.

If seller does not reply it a good thing & just click link in resolution centre to escalate to a claim & within a few days you will have your £15 back.

If seller replies but you find anything he offering unacceptable simply state that in a last reply & add 'you going escalate it & let Paypal review the case' as generally always in buyers favour.

Takes only a few minutes logged into Paypal as needed to go through stages & best learn use it as £15 better in your pocket.

I just done one for failed delivery after 33day wait, fortunately seller has not replied to the resolution case so I escalated to claim & should have money back in few days :-)

If want screenshots of steps on Paypal site I will try  do some to get you started if you still in timeframe for a claim.

• Like 1

if still in time frame for claim (think it 40 days from purchase date) all you need do is login to paypal, look at you recent payments & copy the transaction ID for transaction in question.

Then on main paypal summary page you will see resolution link on the lower left

Click link & go through steps & write your issues to seller, be polite & smart.

If seller does not reply it a good thing & just click link in resolution centre to escalate to a claim & within a few days you will have your £15 back.

If seller replies but you find anything he offering unacceptable simply state that in a last reply & add 'you going escalate it & let Paypal review the case' as generally always in buyers favour.

Takes only a few minutes logged into Paypal as needed to go through stages & best learn use it as £15 better in your pocket.

I just done one for failed delivery after 33day wait, fortunately seller has not replied to the resolution case so I escalated to claim & should have money back in few days :-)

If want screenshots of steps on Paypal site I will try  do some to get you started if you still in timeframe for a claim.

Please mate the screen shots would be help full

Please mate the screen shots would be help full

Link below to PDF with some screenshots & tips, is easy if think it through.

You have 45days from payment made date to use Paypal resolution.

Basically you will be writing a message that Paypal & the seller will see (he sent email via paypal )

Be polite, second step is then esculating to claim, tips in PDF should help.

I've had full refunds on couple items that never received so think you will too ;-) Paypal make it less than obvious on purpose & the help lines are 100% useless merry-go-round :-S This is super simple all online in paypal account & takes minutes once got hang of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfUlpwUFI5ODhLU1k/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

This is what I get when I enter the transaction id the cheeky **** has even left me **** feed back .Im really annoyed now

Sorry, you've already opened a case for this item on eBay. If the case is regarding an item you're returning, please go to xxxxxx For any other problems, please go to the xxxxxxxxxxx

If you paid for an item and haven't received it or there's something wrong with it, we're here to help. Enter your transaction ID to get started (it must be within 180 calendar days of payment).

Enter transaction ID

Transaction ID: Example: 1ZA23456A7890123Z  

I think then because you went through eBay & done return item resolution then cancelled the system recorded that as your resolution option used & resolved thus unable start again on same transaction.

Fortunately he can not leave you a negative feedback, You can though so best do that & state item never shipped & tracking never provided. you can also comment on feedback remark he left you by going to:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PersonalizedFeedbackLogin

Don't be too abusive in remarks as if are he can easily get eBay remove them then he looks all squeaky clean to the next buyer.

You should be able get some help on this from eBay via phone-call but indeed could be a lot of hassle.

In future only use Paypal resolution as far better from my experience ...

• Like 1

Thanks Mr B I will look into this later.

By the stroke of luck,last night I managed to some how come across customer services on eBay.I must have wrote a 1000 words explaining whats happened and how annoyed I am and I get an email this morning from ebay saying this.Ive marked xxxx down to remove personal information.

Hello Richard,

Thank you for reporting the turbo valve (item 251645976115) that you've not received from the seller " prestigecarswestsussex". I am sorry to know how this matter upsets you as you've paid the item last 28 September 2014 and no item was ever received, so let me look into this for you.

I've understood your concern and to fully resolve this, I've taken the initiative of opening an exxx Money Back Guarantee case against your seller, Richard.

As you've paid the item through PayPal, you're covered by this guarantee and you'll get 100% of your payment back if this transaction goes sour. For more information on this guarantee, please open this link to a new tab:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you'd like to view the case I've opened, please open this link on a new internet browser:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As I've opened the case for you, the seller has 8 days to reply to you and offer a resolution - a full refund (that covers the item cost and original postage), the item you ordered, or a replacement item. Please note, if the seller agrees to issue a refund, you should receive it within 3 days of the seller agreeing to provide one.

If the seller doesn't reply to your case after 8 days, I strongly advise that you choose the escalate option in the Resolution Centre. eBay will then review the case and make a decision on your case within 48 hours.

Here is how to escalate your case:

Quite agree Rick & sounds like progress been made :-D

Few things learnt though so any future issues should be simpler ...

Seller in this case is obviously a rouge from your posted experience ...

£15 should be yours shortly :-D

That'll teach the fooker. Bad feedback for him too :-P & post reply comment to his nasty feedback comment to you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...