Next question sorry! Exhausts

My car is too quiet! I don't want to go decat and as it's the Wrx-s it already has a prodrive back box and remap, which I'm happy with. I understand that when you change the exhaust you should remap but from the standard 251bhp prodrive map, I don't think £550 for a remap is going to be worth the increase.

As it's already mapped for the back box anyway. Could I just fit a straight through centre pipe, without any issues?

My car is too quiet! I don't want to go decat and as it's the Wrx-s it already has a prodrive back box and remap, which I'm happy with. I understand that when you change the exhaust you should remap but from the standard 251bhp prodrive map, I don't think £550 for a remap is going to be worth the increase.

As it's already mapped for the back box anyway. Could I just fit a straight through centre pipe, without any issues?

Just fit a Blitz Nur spec back box. Remap isn't essential just for a back box and it'll be very very loud.

Your problem is the Prodrive backbox, I had that system (should be stainless decat centre pipe and back box) it was quiet. I swapped the backbox for a Ninja one and it's much better. Not too much louder but there is now a nice balance between engine and exhaust.

Humm...I have a Blob that was quieter than my wife's Honda. I swapped for a Prodrive back box (still with all its cats) and now it burbles with the best of them.

I think the hatch is a lot quieter, I'm not an expert is it due to the equal length manifold or something?I've never heard a quiet Nur spec!

You're quite right it seems that the new hatch wrx loses the classic boxer sound. Not sure about the manifold. I'm waiting for cobrasport to reply to me re: just a non resonated centre pipe, otherwise I'll get one made up by Powerflow or similar.

Would still like to know first if it'll be ok without a remap though.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so I've fitted a Cosworth high flow filter, and can't tell it's there!

I've got it booked in on Monday AM, for a stainless straight through centre pipe, £137 fitted, so I'll see what it sounds like then.