03 blobeye wrx gearbox question

White_vts_boy

Hi I'm fairly new to here so be gentle! I'm in need of a gearbox asap but can't get my head round what boxes will fit my car!

it currently has a TY754VN2AA

altough on the strut top the transmission type is TY754VN4AA

i just want to know what box I need or what will fit? And if anybody has anything suitable please contact me

thanks in advance

Goggle the ratio of your box ty number and the ty number on the strutt I'd plate . If they're the same ratio find a 5 speed box of the same ratio and it will fit fine fella 😉.

The only main differences between 5 speeds is the ratio (has to be the same as the rear diff) and the later (bugeye onwards) 5 speeds have a bigger /stronger casing than classic boxes .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Yeah "scooby" should be a reconised language of it's own but you'll soon get used to the jargon. Basically any 5 speed will mechanically fit. So if you get a bugeye onward box with the same ratio as your existing rear diff it will drop straight in . I'd also consider fitting a clutch while it's out ,cos you'll be gutted if the clutch goes shortly afterwards as the box will have to come out again [emoji6]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊