Import engine fit uk2000?

New to club just bought a 98 uk2000withnsuppsadlyy head gaskets gone, dash was took out he said was going to take loom for another project. Bought a engine of same bloke with Coil oaks by spark plugs were as mine hasn't, shall I just get head gaskets done or try an fit new engine I think it's an import is there much difference? Thanks

Depends if it was a sti or wrx import ?

As if it was a sti the cams are different and the pistons will be semi forged but the long engine (heads and block ) will fit .

You'd have to fit everything else off the UK (phase 1.5) engine to the v1/v2 (phase 1) engine ,like .. .

Inlet manifold .

Throttle body .

Tps.

Fuel rails and injectors.

Icv.

Tmic.

P.s pump .

Intake pipework.

Headder tank.

Watercrossover pipe .

engine loom.

Ect .

Basically everything from the inlet ports on the heads upwards [emoji6]

So I may aswell just do head gasket on original engine really hadn't I thanks mate I also need to get a load of nuts and bolts from dash and Ecu frame,heater matrix and dash support bar does anyone no of anyone on here who can help

Dunno, if the import lump is a goodn it would probably be easier to fit that .As you'll have to remove and refit all those parts I listed to do the headgasket anyways .

If the headgasket goes,most engine builders recommend that you refresh the bottom end . As if the headgaskets have been gone a while it can put the bottom end under a lot of strain .

Plus it's not much more cost and labour to do once the engines out /heads are off.

What county are you in ,fella ?

There might be someone local that's breaking a v3/v4 that can help

I'm on the Wirral, just had a go at putting dash together, I've got a couple of plugs that a don't no were they go, whilst am on here a may aswell post some pics an hope simeone will no what they are👍🏽 Top sir this ain't it ha

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

I don't know of anyone in your area that could help but im sure there is a few members on here from Wirral ?

Unfortunately i currently own a v1 jdm and don't have my v3uk anymore (tin worm rip)

So can't help with the UK sigma alarm box wiring and have never had a full dash out so haven't got any pics of that area .

If all else fails there's some classic manuals (including wiring diagrams ) available in free download pdf files on.

"Ken Gilbert " website [emoji6]