Air noise from behind dashboard

Wondering if anyone has already experienced this.

There is an air whooshing noice coming from behind the dashboard on acceleration, it's only when actually moving though and does not do it when he engine is revved in neutral. It also does not do it or I just can't hear it when gently accelerating. 

The DPF light is also now on and flashing away along with the engine management light.

My local garage have checked the turbo pipes and claim that they are all ok although I am not entirely convinced. 

Any ideas please?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Garage convinced it was the DPF and indeed they tell me it was totally bunged up and even caustic soda would not budge it, also tell me it had tried to regenerate 250 times without success.

so changed the DPF but still no cure to the air whooshing sound. They have also checked all the pipes again and can not see any problems there.

What seems to have stumped them is that it will only do it when accelerating on the road and not when revved in neutral.

Ive now spent in excess of £2k on this now has anyone any ideas please?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Lol dude I have the same problem!

I have no engine issues other than some leaky bits but I have noticed that air sound when accelerating. I have only noticed it the last few weeks, probably because I have been closing my windows since the cold started and they have been open all summer.

I know nothing about the air system, but in my head a broken air recycling switch thing might allow air pushed by driving into the cabin even when you switch the recycle cabin air button, which I tried. Or if the switch isnt broken, then the bit of plastic that the switch moves to block air will be broken. I have no idea, they are just thoughts i have had.

Edit, it might not be that because i just remembered I get it when the air unit dial thing is switched to off, so it should not be allowing any air through the system...