Gauges and pod

bowthruster

Theres power going to the white connector which plugs into the back of the cig lighter.Ive got a multimeter and have been using it,i haven't took all the scotch  clips off the cables ive been using-not yet anyway.Checked the fuses visually inside the car,and in the engine bay,but my neightbour says just because you cant see a break,doesnt mean that's its ok???God p***ed off

• Like 1

Were the fogs working with just the boost gauge connected ?

I'd disconnect the other gauges and double check any fuses starting with 10 amp (normally red) preferably switch each fuse with a spare good fuse of the same ampage or check current passes through them with the multi meter (as visually it's sometimes hard to spot a break)

As it sounds like you've earthed something out mate , Cos if that circuit is designed to light two big fogs and a ciggy lighter couple of gauge lights shouldn't blow the fuse .

• Like 2

Sorted :) Went through all fuses in engine-ok,then inside fuses-it was a 10amp(illumin),must have been hairline crack.Replaced and then started on the last gauge which I was working on when all this started,and it blew again! The bulb holder had a dodgy wire on it.The wire which has a base on it where the bulb sits on.Cant be arsed to send it back so do you know if maplins will stock a little holder or just the wire with a tiny base on it??Cheers for the help guys :)