What would you do?

ChrisD

I would change the bushes to Powerflex or Strongflex (strongflex is less expensive but still good quality)

and the transmission mount to cusco.

This is not a fancy upgrade because no one will notice but you. This is a nice upgrade to change your car handling.

I would not upgrade engine or remap etc.

Me I'd go cat back exhaust, induction and remap.

2nd choice would be discs and pads along with the bushes and drop link Snoopy suggested. If a bit more power and crisper power delivery is not your thing.

3rd choice would be wheels and decent tyres. Just to make it a bit more individual.

It's got nice alloys, tyres I have budgeted, will get my fun out of what's on first.

Only problem with remap, cat and induction is impact on insurance as it is killer anyway as I'm only 20.

What kind of cost would I be looking for bushes and stuff? Is it mainly the time doing it. Also any other cheap and easy improvements I might as well do?

...What kind of cost would I be looking for bushes and stuff? Is it mainly the time doing it. Also any other cheap and easy improvements I might as well do?

Strongflex bushing kit is around £350

Probably the work costs a couple of hundreds too.

Cusco transmission mount is around £170

What's the benefit of a transmission mount Snoop?

More precise shifting. With a stock mount the transmission is moving slightly as you changing gears. The Cusco one is holding the transmission house very tight.

Second benefit the Cusco is much stronger than the stock. The stock transmission mount is not last too long because of the poor quality :( ( Sorry to say but all the European model has this crap. The JDM version has a very similar to the Cusco its called Group N transmission mount )

Just to show the difference see below

Cusco transmission and engine mount. ( Very strong and last forever ... ;) )

804171.jpg

Stock ( You can see the nice quality of the lousy rubber ) It looks like this after 60-70K miles ):

STI_stock_transmission_mount.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks dude. Very interesting...especially as mine has done 68.

Well. The condition depends on how the car was handled from new. The problem is even If the car is jacked up is hard to tell the mount is good or bad until you take it off. Some sign: if you change the gear sometimes you feel the stick is sloppy  or not in the right place properly.

Even the rubber is in good shape the transmission house can move and this causing less power on the drive train

Keep in mind because the Cusco mount holds your transmission house properly the vibration will be increased!

This is a really good upgrade if you use your Scooby properly ;) ( agressive acceleration, hard cornering sk_aag.gif etc