Couple of little mods...............for now

I like the pod thinking of changing mine, depends though. Yeah 0.75 bar sounds ok got to factor in for a little bit of gauge error and that. There's a sticky in the impreza section that tells you what model should have what boost

Looks good. Where did you get the gauge and pod? It's on my list.

Hi there,thank you,they do other colours too,i decided on green/white but just opted for green all the time. In short you can have white in day,switch headlights on and turns green or visa versa.............cba as said,my dash is green . Blue /red are other options.

Bought here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221673198110?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Pod here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150872627950?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The pod surpassed my expectations ,its superb but still think pricey being honest............no regrets though :)

I like the pod thinking of changing mine, depends though. Yeah 0.75 bar sounds ok got to factor in for a little bit of gauge error and that. There's a sticky in the impreza section that tells you what model should have what boost

Thanks for that stants,will check it out :)

My head has exploded....might make sense if it was in front of me but I can't get my face around that [emoji38]

:lol:  i was the same,basically you can fit the stepper motor in engine bay and just extend cables,mine is under dash and is a little loud on start up then its all quiet...........no big deal. Boost pipe runs to stepper motor instead of to rear of gauge. from this its wired to the gauge. Some wires are left,depending on what colour you want. It can save feeding the boost pipe through the fire wall but i did it that way anyway and connected up under foot fell. Which ever works for you :)

One comment i will make is it is quite bright at night even with the sun guard/shield. Its not a killer or anything,but you do get a slight reflection on screen. I cant think back to my fiesta turbo and cosworth days if it was the same or not. Just to point out its bright,some dimmer function would be  good or wired into the stork dimmer maybe.  Just something to consider for any future buyers,although i am sure most will be quite bright and dependent on where situated would exaggerate the reflection.

Other than that its a nice gauge.........never had an elec one with stepper motor,not sure what/if any benefits over the traditional type regarding accuracy/reliability...........

Time will tell :unsure:

Could a resistor be fitted or some type of dimmer switch on the live feed?

I like the idea,may look into it as it ideally needs to be about 1/2 as bright imo..........thats me though! others may like it bright and obvious to the eye.

Cheers

Just been out for some proper testing or should i say better than a quick run. Its ticking over at 0.6bar vac,under highest boost i am a fraction under 1.0bar,would say 0.99 :lol: as width of a needle under. I know far from 100% accurate but its a guide.......

With Stereo off(the JVC :P as xcraps is in mail back) you can hear the gauge,noisy.......well yes but not very. The start up is loud in comparison though for the 1st second or so when calibrating itself. 

Its not fantastic,its a good gauge imho,no regrets and would buy again. But for around £50 i cant expect a £150 gauge quality. Its surely better than the £15-£20 jobs for sure.

Cheers all,if anyone is seriously considering, to show/hear the noise ,i have no problem making a vid and linking to the tube of you ;)

Which ignition lice feed did you tap into ?

Think if you do it off the lights it will dim like the rest of the dash clocks

I always have mine on the higher setting,if anything that seems a little low for me,shame its not like an infinite control like some,that way you can dial in the exact brightness level of dash...........

Which ignition lice feed did you tap into ?

Think if you do it off the lights it will dim like the rest of the dash clocks

Looking at diagram,maybe the orange wire that connects to acc,by reducing the V.,...could be wrong,will see how i get on as i may get used to it. Just being out then its not too bad,it looks good bright,may grow on me over time or as said just get used to it. Its just night time use that it is apparent ............no biggy :)

I can't dim mine it's bright but with it in same place as yours you get used to it

True,you know what i have had a thought..............dangerous stuff i know......... :lol:

Could get some kind of tinted cover,cut to size and fit............make it more smoked if makes sense. That may be the easiest option if i dont get used to it. Along lines of what you use on lights to darken etc.........just a thought

Great thread, stacks of info, thanks for taking the time to share

Hi Jay,thanks for the kind words and always a pleasure to share info,may help others by my mistakes  :lol: maybe 2 wrongs do make a right :)

In future,as i slowly do mods(the boss does not really like it and put up with it on my previous truck) So have to tread with caution!! I will do my best to add pics and write ups............the bloopers are never missed out  :lol:

• Like 1

Well today i have had a couple of motorway runs,so can actually get a prolonged boost read out in 5th gear(again i know not 100% but best judgement i can get) It holds a fraction above 1 bar,consistent,no budging apart from less than a needle width of movement now and then,but pretty much stable. So seems to be running well(yep my feet are resting on a wood table :lol: ).

I a getting used to the brightness pretty quick now as stants said,so all good,happy.................. for now ;) .  :)

• Like 1