Boost gauge/gauge pod help

Hi, I'm new to the whole turbo thing one thing I think I'm missing is a boost gauge. I have seen some that are built into the dash (replace the clock on my 03 wrx sti) but seen a bit pricey for some plastic.

What have other you guys done and what gauges would you recommend?

Thanks, Michael

Your pod looks a better fit than mine Pete. Did you have to shave any off ?

Yeah had to loads of dremel work on it. It's not designed for the later model dashboards but it's still the best option for a single guague.

Looking at yours it needs to come forward and sit tight up against the pillar. In my classic I filled the back half of the pod with expanding foam trimmed it down and then used bathroom silicone sealant to stick it in place. If you take it off the sealant can be cleaned off really easily.

I've done this with this install as well but I didn't do a great job and it's come loose and is only being held in place by the wires. Doesn't rattle so haven't botherd the take the trim off to fix it.

This is the bugeye I'll post the blobeye tomorrow.

I think your pods look really nice I was thinking of a colour scheme of mine not sure whether I blue and carbon fibre would go but it looks nice, but I think the scheme I was going to go for is a blue and orange or blue and red, as in red silicone hoses red strut bracing maybe red brake calipers but that might be going to far.

My gagues can go red when you turn your light's on ive also done a red light conversion to the cluster and heater dials. So everything can be red inside I just like the blue. The gagues can come in green and white but wasn't for me that colour. But im a bit like you keeping the colours the same. my calipers are red I even made sure my brake hoses was red. And have red silicone engine hoses lol.

My gagues can go red when you turn your light's on ive also done a red light conversion to the cluster and heater dials. So everything can be red inside I just like the blue. The gagues can come in green and white but wasn't for me that colour. But im a bit like you keeping the colours the same. my calipers are red I even made sure my brake hoses was red. And have red silicone engine hoses lol.

Wow I bet that looks nice I would love to see some photos of you have some handy might just help me make my mind up [emoji1] [emoji106]

Wow I bet that looks nice I would love to see some photos of you have some handy might just help me make my mind up [emoji1] [emoji106]

Well I've sent many picture's of myself to member's in compromising positions just ask stants haha [emoji1] [emoji106]

But pictures of the car can be sorted to. [emoji6] but engine pay would need a clean. [emoji19] not done it with winter but getting nicer nowso no excuses.

I might have an older pic of the engine I know I have one of the calipers. I'll have a look if not I'll sort a picture out. But my engine's awful at the minute salt spray dirt you name it. Never used snow foam old toothbrush and a sponge bit of soapy water. Sure not as good to use but gives me something to do if I'm bored one day [emoji3]

Just fitted one myself,prosport gauge and pod

7D49C8DC-603A-490A-AFD9-CAE9AA42972C_zps

341A1F34-5729-4B91-821E-88978FEA8C1A_zps

Off

5E2E2FBC-54DA-4052-A262-599DF9E646AC_zps

Has stepper motor,so a little noise on start up with calibration,can hear slightly if concentrate,during driving its no issue.

Few different flavours to suit dash colours available,i went for green/white. Can have it change colour when lights on for example,i just went green permanently........ Stepper is fitted under dash away from engine bay,so i just have boost pipe going through the grommet above pedals.

One think i like is the oe look,in eye line too,so easy to read without taking eyes off road.

Pete.............wow love your set up,loving the gauge too B) not to mention your subaru :D

If there was one thing i could change(many many things tbh  :lol: ) would be the green dash to a red............in truth i cba :rolleyes: But much prefer the red...............

5ea8869256b3d1dbda8e333322a91d76.jpg pic of mine working, oil pressure reading on outside boost in middle,

Pete I hadn't thought of foam filling it, when I've a bit more time I'll have a look at reshaping the bottom and fixing it properly