Boost gauge/gauge pod help

Here's a pic of my depo 4 in 1 gauge can't fault it for under £100 [emoji6] post-1399-142722585096_thumb.jpg

Didn't like the colour so switched the colour over to this

post-1399-142722599442_thumb.jpg

Love being able to know how warm the oil is before I use any boost and being able to monitor oil pressure is a bonus [emoji6]

• Like 1

As stants said The oil temp sender is the only pita bit but just take your time and make sure you get the "subaru specific" brass bung to fit the oil temp sender above cylinder number 3.

as they're not ofter included in most fitting kits supplied with gauges

So it looks like it’s quite hard to install the depo gauge I will get a
professional to do it, how much do you think they will charge me ?

I spoke to a few shops they say depo gauges are nasty cheap plastic and break and
are not reliable, but I also can’t find any credible reviews on the gauges.

But then again who wants to pay £350 for 4 gauges that takes
up so much space.

At the end of the day depo & prosport are at the budget end of the spectrum, not everyone can afford 600 for a set of defi's or greddy gauges.

I bought mine on scooby pete's recommendation it's been in for nearly two years and it's not gone wrong. For the money it's bang on.

What did they try and sell you ?

Installation isn't that hard all you need is a multi meter and a time. A meter or so of fresh vac line will come in handy too.

Crimson, how many gauges were you looking at installing & what readings ? If just boost it's easy

I've heard really good things about the gauges. It is true you get what you pay for but I'm sure we've all spent big money sometimes only to run into a problem with it.

I spoke to depo during the week and they're currently out of stock with the 4-1 boost gauge. More stock is arriving in 2 weeks. There is a listing on eBay for the gauge at £4 more but unsure if they have the gauges or just work as a middle man.

I've had my Depo gauge for installed for 2 years+ and not had any issues with it.

I know quite a few memebers went with Depo and not heard of any issues from anyone.

You sure they just weren't trying to sell you a more expensive unit, after all it's in their intrest to upswell you to silly price gauges.

If you think these are hard to install then you should look at the Defi range, you can't just buy 1 gauge, you also have to have a seperate interface between the sensors and the guages.

Installation is quite easy the hardest part is feeding the wires through the bulkhead and routing it through the back of the dash.

Where abouts are you I'm sure someone local may be able to help you with the install.

• 2 weeks later...