For those keeping the faith with the latest legacy

Have been a serial subaru owner for a number of years from Legacies to STis to Foresters and even had a Tribeca. When the time came for the latest replacement opted for latest legacy 2.5 se nav plus. OK its got its flaws but for those of us who find that no other brand comes close its still a great piece of kit. Any others on here?

Wotcha and welcome - I dont think there is a legacy model quite as new as that on here although I would say be careful to protect your windscreen as there is a member on here currently suffering with a crack as the 11 model he has is too new for the suppliers!

• Like 1

Hi welcome to S.O.C

As Jay said about the windscreen I've even tried to look at getting one. Not sure if it might be a main dealer import job :(

But anyway please feel free to share some pictures. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Now I love the Legacy... Until last week I owned four but I'm trying to cut back and now I only have the three! However, I am not a fan of the latest generation (Gen5). I think it's got too big and too soft, and what have they done with the styling?

Maybe I'm just too 'old school' and maybe it will grow on me with time, but for now... No thanks!

How does it compair with older Legacys you have had? Somehow I think it has lost the 'rally car with a boot' appeal that made them so special.

Hi Adam. Yes, it does have its flaws in comparison. On the downside its not as powerful (as the H6s I had) and the cvt box ,whilst ultra smooth, does throttle the engine back a bit. Cornering at lower speeds is also a bit more ponderous. But strangely if you put her right on the limit she holds just as well as previous legacy's. The car is also a much better screwed together piece of kit and extremely comfortable and the extra size helps with a big family. Design wise I too was not sure when the car arrived but she grows on you and it is certainly unique. I'd rather be in this any day than an Audi or a beemer. What the really car needs however is the 3.6 engine with some extra handling kit. The Japanese get a sti 2.5 turbo version (see my latest post). If only Subaru UK would bring that over! I am thinking about a used 3.6 outback as it happens. 

What the really car needs however is the 3.6 engine with some extra handling kit. The Japanese get a sti 2.5 turbo version (see my latest post). If only Subaru UK would bring that over! I am thinking about a used 3.6 outback as it happens. 

now that sounds like a project ;)