I think I've put the wrong fuel in.

WideSam

I topped up my tank on Tuesday evening about £25 worth, so probably 1/3 of a tank or so and I've suddenly got a really horrible feeling that I put 95 in instead of 99.

Am I still fairly safe running it on this mixture, if that's what I have done?

Also I tried to check to see I've picked up triple points for it on my Shell drivers card but apparently I've picked up none and yet I've used it twice?

Hopefully someone can put my mind to rest that I've not done something detrimental to the car!

No be fine mate. Is it import ? I'd say be better to top up again with some 99ron sooner but if it's a uk model be perfectly fine. Id aay it will be even if it's an import but throttle response and a bit hesitation might be noticeable. But no you're fine to go to bed now and sleep with no worries [emoji6]

as above, only really matters on boost, i would just tootle about till the fuel light comes on, brim it with vpower then tootle again till light comes on, brim with vpower and away you go. reason for doing it with a couple of tanks is there will always be 5-10 L in the bottom of the tank each time you fill up so will be some lower ron stuff left for a few tanks

Cheers guys. I'm still not entirely sure whether it is 95 I put in, but I'll be careful and flush it through anyway.

A week or so without boost is going to be tough though :'(

Cheers guys. I'm still not entirely sure whether it is 95 I put in, but I'll be careful and flush it through anyway.

:lol: IThis is the time all the Corsas will come out and run rings around yo  :angry:  :D

• Like 1

im gonna have 1000 mils to do with no boost :o

:lol: IThis is the time all the Corsas will come out and run rings around yo :angry: :D

I can't embarrass any BMW drivers at the lights :(.

Not that I'm immature enough to race anybody...

Well well well... Guess who prat of the day goes to?!

I was just told a story about a guy filling up with v-power that turned out not to be so and cost him £15k for the repair. Luckily he had the receipt on him so Shell paid for it...

Guess who else also had a receipt showing they'd purchased £25 of v-power on Tuesday night?

Thanks for all the advice/piece of mind though guys. At least I know what to do if I do it in future.

I'll allow a bit of bullying in return for your help!

I prefer letting the beemer boys think they're quicker in the town centre (tailgating me doing 30)

But when they get to the carriage way slip and lane pull into the outside lane to over take......

give it some beans leaving them hanging in the outside lane with upturned smiles [emoji1]

I did something similar to someone sat up my rear going through a village at 30. Hit the national speed limit signs at the bottom of the hill the other side and got to the top before he'd realised what'd happened.

I probably shouldn't generalise bmw drivers. Evo drivers try it on a bit too