The time for Fibre has come...

My village is now accepting orders on Fiber Optic broadband!! 6 months after it's due date. Now, can anyone help me out on which would be the best one to go for? Currently with BT and they haven't let me down but I know from many stories they are rubbish to deal with. Right Gambit? ;)

I'm into my gaming so the internet is mainly used for that, it's perhaps not the service but the router I'm bothered about. The BT one comes with hidden security things in the HUB, I've heard good things about the SKY one but does anyone else have an opinion?

Cheers

Dare say there's not to many virgins left in gambits vilage :-)

Well someone has to keep the human population thriving [emoji6]

yeah I'm not happy with BT at all but I think unless you want to have sky tv no point being with anyone else really still going to have to pay the line rental to BT either way. If my house sells soon and depending where we move to. I might switch to sky through scoobypete. But if you stick with BT could always get another router.

BT are one of the few providers that do not throttle speeds during peak times (usually called traffic management)... I'm looking as well because I'll be able to get fibre in my new house when I move in and I will probably go with BT. The Home Hub 5 is actually pretty decent, living with my parents for the time being until my house is available and they have BT Fibre (80/20) and it is great... I downloaded GTA V (all 62GB of it!) in less than two hours, while my dad was streaming the golf on his laptop! 

They're my favourites the people that take a wrong turn. Try to be hard to get I enjoy the chase [emoji106]

And no mate I wish it was fibre last time I looked 2025 was when they wanted to roll it out due to lack of interest I believe. So that makes me believe I'm doing a too good a job people don't watch enough online !Removed!. So I might have too cut back a bit if thats the case. [emoji1]

There is so many things wrong with that film! Good though.

Aye will probably stick with BT then, we do have Sky however (full package.. hd, movies, sports). Will have to give them a ring as see what deals can be done.

Unfortunately Virgin isn't available in my village. As far as I know the top brands are:

BT

Sky

Talk Talk

Plus Net

That's it ;)

Bummer,

go with BT though, all the others just rent form BT so if you have an issue will be lower down the pecking order in BT's eyes

Bummer,

go with BT though, all the others just rent form BT so if you have an issue will be lower down the pecking order in BT's eyes

technically not true BT do own the lines but it's Openreach that deals with them /repairs them Which is now no longer to do with BT. Monopoly and money they had to form on it's own. But I did think like you until recent history with my own line and getting fobbed off left right and center by Openreach engineers and BT. 

technically not true BT do own the lines but it's Openreach that deals with them /repairs them Which is now no longer to do with BT. Monopoly and money they had to form on it's own. But I did think like you until recent history with my own line and getting fobbed off left right and center by Openreach engineers and BT. 

Didn't know they had split it tbh i though openreach was BT. learn summit new everyday :)

I have never used routers given by isp. I have always used Draytek vigor routers. They are super reliable and excellent connection stability. Mind you they are probably too pricey for most. My current one cost me £230. Last one I bought for £130 had it nearly 5 years and sold it for £80. If you are how ether looking for budget price. Go for netgear, linksys or Cisco makes.