MY05 Impreza WRX 300

• 2 weeks later...

update.......... fresh MOT and 6 months tax added :)

have been told by the other half that i am banned from buying anything for the car between now and christmas for reasons unknown. me thinks its got something to do with what her, her sister and her mum & dad are getting me for christmas. she won't even let me buy a prodrive tax disc holder or blue anodized wheel nuts lol.

next time i give the car a wash i'm going to finally get my prodrive sunstrip fitted that i bought 2 months ago and is gathering dust in the cupboard, then i can't see there being any updates until christmas

• Like 2

the anticipation must be building then - :) only 117 days to go

i'm getting annoyed already with the waiting lol

And after all the excitement it will be that radio controlled car from Argos ;)

i got a radio controlled bugatti veyron last year off her mum & dad that i chase the dog about the house with ;)

i did ask why i was not aloud to buy anything and she said its because they are all buying me things that are on my wish list for the car so i am not to buy anything.

i told her she could buy a cosworth panel filter, wrap it up and it can be my present from my wee girl lol

• 3 weeks later...

It would indeed be a good spot for the aformentioned activity...... better so under the close of dark.

I had thought about removing the "If in doubt, flat out" sticker from the tailgate and fitting a new etched silver replacement on the rear window. but i was also thinking of removing the SUBARU lettering along with the nurburgring sticker so it would leave the tailgate quite bare looking.

decisions decisions

• 3 months later...

Well it's been a while now so I'll do a quick run through of the last 3 months

Car went in for a service and a full set of Avon ZZ3 tyres on Christmas Eve

Opened up my presents on Christmas Day to find a boost gauge, a pillar gauge pod, HKS turbo timer with patch lead, STI pink strut brace and a Pioneer DEH 4500BT headunit with memory stick full of music.

Fitted the strut brace on Boxing Day as it only took half an hour and just finished fitting the turbo timer, boost gauge and new headunit today. Pics to follow tomorrow.

The car is running really well just now..... Just enjoying using it at the moment and happy with the current power level. Would love to upgrade the ARBs, fit the anti lift kit and maybe look at some lowering springs but nothing major will be happening in the next 6months

• 3 weeks later...

The long awaited arrival of pics.....

Strut brace:

09BF3ED1-8933-4BEF-8790-129E5228092D_zps

New Pioneer headunit and turbo timer:

16E0B566-A8FA-4AB0-80AD-C6FBE1789B94_zps

Unfortunately no pics of the boost gauge as it lasted a day and the damper spring has broken inside, causing the needle to bounce and the gauge to make a horrible rattling noise.

A replacement is on its way

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

update:

items on order..........

cosworth panel filter
SWRD 255L/H fuel pump

remap is on the cards once fitted  :D

oh and i've got a replacement boost gauge, plumbed it all in and i'm having issues again  :n: either i need to find a different point to tap into or my car is running serious boooooooost  :huh:  so have disconnected the vac line for the gauge until i find a solution.

it does still light up all blue and shiney though.... just sits at 0bar lol

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, shame you got rid of the scoobydo picture on the side lol

did you notice any fade in the paint work because of the stickers?

paintwork showing no fade and there is no evidence of they hideous stickers ever existing :)

in other news, yesterday I took delivery of this:

DSC_0007_zpslijeh3t_edit_1398975220686_z

DSC_0008_zpslvuqbmd_edit_1398975309667_z

DSC_0009_zpsaw04kira.jpg

Then I went straight out and did this

Before:DSC_0010_zpseldjzx6d.jpg

After:

DSC_0011_zps39wkvcql.jpg

The rain arrived so never got the fuel pump done :(

• Like 1

Well thats the mapping session sorted out now B)

Decided to go open source rather than use ECUtek as i'm finished with power mods after this and going to concentrate on the suspension setup. Mapping will be carried out at GI Motorsport by Chris Forbes.

Roll on the 13th of May :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Last Tuesday was mapping day....... Or so I thought?

Turns out that the car has been fettled with before.... Expected requested boost was about 0.9bar....... The ecu was requesting 1.27bar!

2hrs later.... a wee bit trimming on the fuel top end and a tiny bit more boost extracted from the baby td04, then 3 power runs using the laptop on the road resulted in approximate figures of 279bhp with 316lbsft of torque.

Good figures on a car still restricted with the standard catted uppipe.

With the fuelling being pulled in a bit but still running a touch rich I should also see a slight improvement in mpg lol..... Who cares about that :D especially when i've had pops n bangs enabled lol.

So the car gain very little in terms of power top end, but it feels a bit punchier mid range. Because the the mapping had basically already been done the majority of the mappers work was already complete, he just tweeked a little to get the absolute max, enabled a few things for me and done a few power runs, i was only charged a nominal fee :)

i was advised to sort out my heatsoak issues. a difference of 20whp was present when the car had been sitting for 5 mins running compared to when i'd been running off boost at 50mph for 5mins. heat wrapping the downpipe and getting a thermal jacket made up for the turbo will help me lower my intercooler temps and also help get the exhaust gases moving quicker.

so smiles all round..... and i now know why my car was punching above its weight when i was thinking i only had around 250-260bhp.

Just need to get the car on a proper rolling road now...... accompanied with a video

• Like 2