MY05 Impreza WRX 300

was hoping i could've stretched to getting the cosworth panel filter this month but 37odd quid that would've easily bought me the cossie filter has went to fund the secret s*x ring run at the bbc as my quarterly tv licence direct debit has came off :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely car mate!

Looks way better without the stickers too!

and that exhaust sounds the nuts! cant wait until i can get a turbo one! they dont quite sound the same without it! lol

planned brake upgrade looks good too!

Thanks man :)

New discs n pads are now on. The rears were a nightmare as the pads were seized in the caliper and needed some gentle persuasion with the hammer to get them off.

All the shims, retainers and pins were dumped in the ultrasonic bath and cleaned up before refitting.

Also gave the calipers a clean up with some brake cleaner and a rag.

Here proof that they are now on:

Fronts

null_zps8881283f.jpg

Rears

null_zps4f39783a.jpg

Should've took some better pictures with the wheels off but I'd left my phone in the car when it was up on the 2 poster.

Just need to bed them in now, only done about 3 miles so will give a review on them in due course.

Next up.... MOT time on Friday

• Like 1

Well after a couple of days use I can report back that these disc/pad combo is much better than what was fitted.

No more squeal off the brakes when they heat up now as everything was meticulously cleaned before refitting.

On another note..... Look what arrived today as a secret purchase (the other half thinks I got them for nowt lol)

null_zpsa9d29d71.jpg

I dunno how I manage it but this was another cheap as chips eBay bargain :)

• Like 1

Wish I could get away with a few other stealth buys but next month is a sore one for me...... Road tax is due on the scooby and insurance is due on the other halfs corsa :(

I was hoping for a full set of Avon ZZ3 tyres so I can ditch the horrible hedgefinders that are fitted just now lol

my mot runs out 9 days before my tax does, but will hopefully have a fresh MOT tomorrow :)

and the car will be getting 6 months tax so that the tax and MOT don't land in the same month again lol.

its hard trying to juggle the MOT, TAX and insurance for 2 cars so that they don't clash in the same month :(

brakes look great mate!

my brakes squeek all the time do my head in lol

IMHO you don't need new pads, unless they they are making a grinding noise and you can feel it through the pedal, for a squeeky brake all you need to do is whip the pads out and apply some copper grease to the back of the pad. Put the pads back in, no more squeaking. Simples :)

• Like 1

IMHO you don't need new pads, unless they they are making a grinding noise and you can feel it through the pedal, for a squeeky brake all you need to do is whip the pads out and apply some copper grease to the back of the pad. Put the pads back in, no more squeaking. Simples :)

This is true..... Might be as simple as removing the pads, cleaning all the shims up and cleaning the calipers up where the pads run, apply some copper slip to the BACK of the pads, then build everything back up.

A lot cheaper than getting new pads :)

I was joking ;)  and your right it is worth doing the copper grease thing 1st it did work for me for a few month's then came back did it again worked again for awhile then came back. In the end I gave up bought some blueprint pads just for now until I get some new discs and pads like you ;) touch wood problem has not come back so put it down to to cheap nasty pads 

• 2 weeks later...

Well i've still not had my car mot'd as i forgot that the father in law was on holiday from work last week.
So its going in tomorrow afternoon........ fingers crossed........ then its 6 months tax being bought on friday....... then its time to save for a much needed matched set of 4 tyres