New member Tameside branch

HI all

just a quick intro,

am Gary ive been into Subaru for 13 yrs now am the owner of 3 at the moment,

one of them is a breaker (wrx/sti import classic) as its too far gone and was UN loved by a previous owner its got some good bits on it so it will live on.

MY second is my  CUSCO  Sport-Wagon 2ltr UK non turbo another saved from scrap-man very std apart from the decals ,they are hiding abuse with a Sharpe instrument from a former owner's past. so now its my mobile advert for my scooby passion. its doing its job, to be noticed  and get the club seen.

My third I'VE HAD 13 YRS......WRX/STI IMPORT CLASSIC 2.5LTR sorn at the moment because i need to do some work on it service etc.

post-1114-0-77742000-1373036456_thumb.jppost-1114-0-12169200-1373036865_thumb.jp

ive other on going projects in the pipeline but that's just something else

will post better photos in time, 

hope to catch up with some of you soon.

Welcome aboard fella, I used to live in Ashton under Lyne, also Denton and elsewhere, basically grew up in that area, love the manta in the other pic, was that a 400 or just the bonnet?

Cusco wagon looks good too

• Like 1

Welcome aboard fella, I used to live in Ashton under Lyne, also Denton and elsewhere, basically grew up in that area, love the manta in the other pic, was that a 400 or just the bonnet?

Cusco wagon looks good too

hi

the second manta and fifth are i240 replicas,(road going 400's) the fifth has a cosworth turbo under the bonnet but its still a project to finish off. 

the wagon was bought as a spares carrier but its now my main daily runabout.

• Like 2

Cool, well as your not too far from me at the moment, if we get some regional meets going at some point I may be able to say hello in person and get to see one of your cars

• Like 2

My financial situation is dire for this year, should be on my feet by next year and will be happy to travel most places, I don't even go to a local scoob meet that's about 2 miles away as I can't afford the fuel atm

My financial situation is dire for this year, should be on my feet by next year and will be happy to travel most places, I don't even go to a local scoob meet that's about 2 miles away as I can't afford the fuel atm

where's your local scooby meet?

i've never been myself but i know a few people that have been and what puts me off is they say it can be quite clicky at times, it's part of another scoob forum that i have been a member of for years and not posted as much as i have on here as you don't get the same friendly atmosphere as you do here

i'm not trying to put you off i just don't want you wasting time and fuel going then thinking i'm a git for sending you if you end up not liking it lol

• Like 1

As I said before I would like to be able to get a regional section for these forums so members here can arrange there own local meets. where they want to but without standing on other people's toes I know members on here and a friend of mine who run there own local club forums. :)

thats a good idea,

i used to be the area rep for the OPEL MANTA CLUB for 10 yrs , i miss the meetings, people dont seem to get involved as much now its all carpark meets and stare at engine bays and then go home what happened to garage projects and spannering .

ive been looking for local (tameside area )projects and people with a interest in modding but its not as easy as it seems. now i have space and time to spanner no one seems to be doing anything as  i am a member  of SOCOM (SUBARU OWNERS CLUB OF MANCHESTER) but not much goes on in the garage dept. 

• Like 1

Thanks I have my moment ;)

I will get on and see what we can get done with it then sooner then later :D

i would like to see a international subaru gathering , to try and get all the clubs in one place once a year   and invite foreign clubs etc raise the scooby awareness try and keep them on the road and not break them for fun.

i realise this thread  has gone off topic and sorry for that 

Pfft I have not seen one thread stay on topic on here :D Hahah I'm worlds worse for making them go off topic so shouldn't worry about it. 

And I like that idea. Maybe to soon for here but we have started to get a lot of people on from Sweden Germany Holland and so on so maybe a European Meet 1st :D 

• Like 1

Pfft I have not seen one thread stay on topic on here :D Hahah I'm worlds worse for making them go off topic so shouldn't worry about it. 

And I like that idea. Maybe to soon for here but we have started to get a lot of people on from Sweden Germany Holland and so on so maybe a European Meet 1st :D

1st European Meet sounds good, 

so how many people we, sorry you got in total in the club that might be interested should get a thread going, am here if help is needed.

• Like 1

I Think starting with the local area's will be 1st thing. With it being summer less people tend to use the forums. And would take some planning to try  find a nice central place that people can get to make it fair, and places we can park and stay over.  :)

billing aquadrome, northamptonshire.

has camping,

travel lodge,

amusement  park

water sports,

licenced pub.

lots of space for area club stands

all grassed areas,

good access off motorway and well signposted.

just a idea for next year guys

• Like 1