mpg

maybe-buy-a-BRZ

15 minutes ago, WillL said:

I suggest you sign up to the forum at www.gt86.org.uk

More activity there and some GT86/BRZ veterans.

Yup a model specific site will get you more members / interaction with model in common and quite a few of the members on here contribute to other model specific sites - with this forum we throw a wide Subaru net but it takes time to build the depth with some areas being more successful than others. 

There is a GT86 parked up that we pass quite regularly by me and I get a nudge in the ribs from SWMBO as she fancies a little two door number so I can see one of those being added to the list at some point

We would buy a brz next year but there don't seem to be any autos knocking around...means we will end up with an 86 as it will be for swmbo....plenty of choice around £15k already

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, david1972 said:

We would buy a brz next year but there don't seem to be any autos knocking around...means we will end up with an 86 as it will be for swmbo....plenty of choice around £15k already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you are in the MPG topic, you'll be pleased to know (if you didn't already) that the auto somehow has a better MPG manufacturer's figure than the manual.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I have been getting an average of 42mpg on a new car that's not run in yet. Have done 450 miles so far and the kind of driving is variable, some runs at 60-70 mph, commuting to and from work,  in town stop-start conditions too. This figure could go down of course after the run in period when I can increase the rev's beyond 4000 !!! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I have been getting an average of 42mpg on a new car that's not run in yet. Have done 450 miles so far and the kind of driving is variable, some runs at 60-70 mph, commuting to and from work,  in town stop-start conditions too. This figure could go down of course after the run in period when I can increase the rev's beyond 4000 !!! 

Is that from the car's CPU or actual consumption measured at the pump?

• 1 month later...
After another month of driving, the fuel consumption has averaged out at 36.5mpg on the computer and I work it out to be approx. 37 mpg so it is pretty accurate.

My scientific study has shown that my car's computer is 4% off, that is thinking the consumption is 4% better than it really is.

• 10 months later...

Sorry for the delay in replying but thanks for all your replies.  I've still not bought a car yet, was just about to but now I have a back ache, so the BRZ may not be the best choice.

To sum up, from your posts, it looks like a general mpg of 37 and over 40 if you keep the revs down.

• 2 years later...
On 7/2/2015 at 8:43 PM, Gambit said:

Unfortunately I think you would only be about the 3rd person on here with a BRZ not including some of the Americans that post from  time to time 😞 But as you said it is the same as a Gt86 so not sure where they got that figure from  :huh:

Maybe American MPG? Not Imperial?