performance &m.p.g.

auldboy58

Hi guys,over the past week I've been to Fort William (for my sons wedding)then to the leadhills and a wee run on single track country roads,over 350 miles on various road types I've came to the conclusion that B.P. ultimate is the best choice of petrol for my xten regards mpg and performance,shell v power is better than ordinary unleaded,and for supermarket petrol that stuff gets nowhere near my car,so,has anybody else noticed a difference or am I thinking dearer is better.

shame it melted a piston cos it detted its **** off, but mpg for the win,,,,,,,,,,

vpower and momentum isn;t used because it gives better mpg, its used because it has better ron value so smoother more predictable burn

Mines mapped for vpower and that's all that goes in, off to Wales at some point in near future looked on petrol station loacter, i'm glad I have an emergancy map, they seem to be few and far between

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

well I metioned this bfor on another topic since I changed to higher ron ive got results quiter, not that the h6 needed to be eny quiter, sharper responce & yes doin about 2 mpg more, I use vpower 90% of the time when I carnt get it, bp ultimate which is 97 ron, just noticed today sainsburys do a 97 ron aswell never tryed eny I make a point to get vpower even if I have to go out my way last week fitted K&N panal getting even better alround results now

I mostly run on momentum, or v power if i'm passing a Shell. Managed 32mpg on a run to Gatwick last week (145 miles, a12/m25) and done even better on the way back this week. Thats in a 2003 blob wrx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

havent tried the BP in mine yet, mpg has dropped from 28/29 - 24/25 with the aircon on last couple of weeks

Air con not needed up here mate,unless its to blow away the !Removed! midges  :rolleyes: