newbie needing help

hey all new here, owned a subura impreza for nr a yr now, not a wrx sti  she is just a sport.

can anyone help  with fitting my rear wheel bearings the garge want nr 200 and I have got that sortta money, is the anyone in the Littlehampton area that can fit them at a reduced cost :) 

I'm in the same boat right now. If the bearing has been bad for a while it may have scored the hub too. I'm buying the whole hub with bearing for £50 and fitting it myself as its all nuts and bolts. I'm replacing the hub and sending mine away to pressed and check before fitting a new bearing in it. But this way the car is still on the road and not making a racket.

If the garage remove the old bearing and find the hub fubard you will be up **** creek trying to decide what to do about a new hub.

• Like 1

good jap bearings are 30 to 40 £ each set, hub bearing puller tool can be had for snip under £44 & good enough for diy enthusiasm & light trade use. these kits make it real easy & less chance of damaging a bearing during fitting. Hubs & spindle normally ok unless bearing got silly hot or seized & spun.

main trick is don't use cheap or non jap bearings & get it fitted by someone who knows what they doing or wheel bearing failure start becoming a monthly problem ...

• Like 2