How to remove windows 10

Can anyone help please...the wife installed it on her Lenovo laptop and it's made it ****.

Tried all the recommended ways to revert back to the 7 she had before, but no good.

One thing I can't understand.....when you try to access 'settings' it's basically not there! [emoji35]

Any techies able to help?

Already tried to get win 7 ISO file but old product key not recognised as was pre installed on machine.

Thanks for any advice [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Another win 10 hater welcome to the club what a pile of poo still can't get my go pro to work properly. Do you have an external hard drive with backup files on dave ?

No mate, she hasn't I'm afraid

The settings icon is there, just when you click or double click it there's nothing there [emoji35]

!Removed! bag of !Removed! it is..

The windows.old folder is still there but I don't know what to do with the files in there to do a manual restore

So much hate I like it. Have to stop it snooping on everything you do was my only gripe. It's loads faster than any other windows I've got everything to work fine. I'd see if you can do a system restore and reset it back before you installed windows if it will let you. But I think without the restore disc's I think the only other way will be a full factory reset using the F-key on start up.

So much hate I like it. Have to stop it snooping on everything you do was my only gripe. It's loads faster than any other windows I've got everything to work fine. I'd see if you can do a system restore and reset it back before you installed windows if it will let you. But I think without the restore disc's I think the only other way will be a full factory reset using the F-key on start up.

Is that how to do a factory reset mate? I've no idea lol

Yes mate full factory reset. Not sure what key it will be I'd have popped and done it for you. But usually. When you power it up you keep pressing f8 as it powers up and it will take you to some boot options to reset it to factory. But might be f10 or f12 but if you do it just remember everything will be gone pictures the lot. And for God sake keep it plugged in the mains lol.

The wife, in her wisdom and unbeknown to me, has this afternoon dropped it off at a local media monkey shop for him to have a look at....why do I bother.... [emoji35]

I use couple of lenovo's, f11 at boot should be one for factory recovery if you have a working recovery partition on the hdd.

What I would do is use an iso of windows 7 ultimate & then use windowsloader-v2.2.2 to activate it, as you had valid oem windows 7 on it you will have right bios SLIC & all windowsloader will do is add the cert & key to make it oem activated same as was originally.

I'm sticking with current 7 for quite some time as everything running perfect & don't want hassles with workshop computers when running A1 smooth & fast on unbloated 7 from SSD drives .. old is sometimes gold. chasing new os updates is not always best ...

• Like 1

I knew it would be one of the F keys lol. I have on disc windows 7 ultimate for both x86 and x64 and the loader I can sort that out if you need it. I was using 10 on the beta bit of a learning curve to start with but I think same can be said for all of new window's. Only thing I've not figured out is playing mp4 files. Seem to lose sound on them.

Now she asks me to pick it up for her tomorrow And guess what, he's charging £45 for looking at it, then factory resetting it [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji380][emoji379]

!Removed! hell me to.. charged my mate £25 for a pc repair 500 gig hdd fresh install of window's and sorted the drives out for him to. [emoji3] mind you I'd have done it for free just charged him for the hard drive really.

• Like 1