warm and hot engine re-start failure

phuckin

Hi,

My wife has an N reg turbo [175,000 miles] which has developed a habit of not starting after being driven for as little as 10 mins, so warm, not even hot. Battery is fine since it turns over, it just won't re-start until it has stood for at least 20 mins.

any ideas?

Hi, the honest answer is no I haven't, but mostly because I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it!

Many thanks for that advice I'll look at the thread and have a go!

Okay, we have now replaced the crank sensor, but the problem remains. She starts from cold, but after a short journey, when parked, won't start again for at least an hour. We have now replaced the crank sensor (yesterday) and the water cooler sensor (changed during a service in June). Both parts were from Subaru breakers, who have always been pretty reliable. I am loath to buy another water cooler sensor unless I am absolutely sure this is the problem. Any new thoughts out there would be gratefully received.

Sue

Hi Sue, where are you in Kent? I would gladly do the ecu check. Failing that we have a few members scattered about Kent that could help.

We also hold a meet in greenhithe on the first Saturday of each month. If you're interested I will forward all the details on to you. [emoji106]

• Like 2

Hi, we are just outside Tenterden, TN26 3SR. If you are not too far away, that would be amazing. We tried to find the plugs at the weekend, but couldn't, and didn't want to damage the plastic panelling in the footwell.

Where is Greenhithe? I wouldn't be able to attend every month, but might come to one or two!

Many thanks.

Sue

Hi Greenmamba, no warning lights. Have someone investigating a fuel leak this week, and will think about changing the fuel filter - thanks for that suggestion. Will check most recent service invoice and see if it was changed.

Sue

Enormous and heartfelt thanks to Harv, who very kindly drove over from Ashford, and Colin, Matt and the Thunderbirds. Harv did an ECU test, and it appears that I need a new cambelt position sensor.

Thanks to this forum, I am a step closer to having a reliable car!

Thanks again. You have all been great.

• Like 2