Remap tweak

Thinking of having sports cat put in to make it easier !Removed! mot n maybe induction kit n torn between having scooby clinic do it or race dynamix I no clinics reputation is good but don't like the thort of paying for ecutek licence on other hand don't no to much bout race dynamix so any had any experience of them

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am going for race dynamix for a few reasons when its time to get mine done but one if them is re-sale on the car, he is a respected mapper and knows what he is doing I know when I was looking at buying a subaru knowing where the mapping had been done was a factor for me.

That said I still ended up with a stock car from Subaru.

That said most people also know scooby clinic so I guess its up to you but both well know.

• Like 1

I used Duncan as was one of the only options for my car, open source is ok and if your not wa ting 5+ maps anti lag launch etc ut will be fine, admittidley you don't get as much support as you would do from a syvecs system or similar but for normal road use it's all good, drop him a mail and tell him what you have and your goals and ge'll advise what would be best.

Alex when you having yours done ? I need a tweak to my map and may as well try and fit in around you

• Like 1

Duncan mapped my car. I had to use ecutek because of my model/year. Ivegot nothing but praise for him. He has the time and patience to listen to everything you want to know. He doesn't just rush in wham bam and Palm his hand with gold.

I had a bit of an issue where in 4th I'd hit 1.4bar and cause boost cut. Told Duncan and within two weeks he came to my house to sort it.

Had a quick look cudnt find any info on my model but think duncan is way I'm going I'll speak to him Monday c wat best options are don't mind travelling down Leicester to get it done so c wat he ses

Mine had an open source remap by Andy Carr when I bought it. Went to Scoobyclinic to check and it did 238hp with full decat and panel filter. Got clinic to do me an Ecutek remap and they managed to raise it to 250hp but it seems thats the limit of my turbo. Yes, the licence did sting a bit but I had to pay it only once.

Flywheel I believe. I do regret it a little bit. I read about RomRider and was going to have a look in to it. Unfortunately Ecutek locked my ECU so can't do it now. But hey, as you said, I won't be doing it often. When I swap the turbo and injectors it will be hopefully my last map tweak :)

Yh turbo intercooler n injectors will be last thing I'll be doing for a while don't like fact my ecu locked wi ecutek so not bothered bout it keep hearing gd things bout duncan so seems to be the way

Wouldn't let dynamite touch my lawn mower let alone my car, mates car had been mapped by him and it was pulling more timing than a clock with a near empty Battery.

His rep is less than great amongst the well known tuners and mappers such as Andy Forrest, Paul Blamire (zen) and on 22b.com where most of the big boys hang out etc etc Andy actualy called him DungKhan on there before he stopped going on after getting ripped apart on technical stuff

Very very few folks I let anywhere near my car Pat Herborn (who maps ecutek and syvecs at clinic), Paul Blamire, Andy Forrest and engine tuner are the only mappers i would use.

• Like 1