Scooby Fest formerly NBO Sign up's

Gambit

So I'm gonna make one last post on this before I think the club should look to how they improve things for future shows rather than the negative.

This was my first show with the club and with some of the nice people I'd met on the forum Gambit, Stants, geoffleggy, Aucky and others, was really looking forward to the show and meeting new people... I even took the day off work Friday to make sure my car was clean/polished etc to be on the club stand. Being the only one which turned up, stood in the middle of a 20 car stand on your first club meet/show really cheesed (nicest words I could think of) me off and as people have posted didn't present the club in the best light with me and other people/clubs at the show.

If I had know I was the only one going then would have probably contacted another club like SOCOM or to be honest not gone.

None the less, two good things came out of the day, the stand next to us LADS (Lancashire and District Subaru owners club) where fantastic and I spent all day with those guys, couldn't have been more welcoming/nice people and secondly i won third in class for the hatch/new shape category :-) so SOC UK got a trophy at Scoobyfest.

I hope the other club events are better attended but to be honest I won't be attending anymore with SOC UK. I'll stay on the forum as you're a good lot with very little self professed experts :-) so much better then other forums I can mention. Thanks Gambit for the hard work and comm's leading up to the show.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

To be fair this is the only one we struggle with, no idea why as the others have a good turn out,

There do seem to be shows at either weekend so this gets sandwiched between and overlooked ?

I'm not going to pod next weekend as the new house is taking up most of my time but I'll be down for the finale.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Really sorry I missed it this year, car didn't start in the morning. I'll be honest, I threw toys out of pram with all trouble I've been having with it lately. I should have posted on here but I was fuming and couldn't face it, soz. turned out to just be a Battery issue but that's no good now. 

Still, really **** to say how many had their names down, even worse than last year when only 3 of us turned up. Disappointing to say the least :sad:

Feel even worse knowing dgarside was the only one there. Really !Removed! sorry mate. 

• Like 1

Sad showing :no: feel for you @dgarside.  I was down for it originally but when it moved it was just that bit to far which was a shame as its the only big car specific show Ill miss this year.  I did post ages ago to pull out though.

Glad the day was still good for you, congrats on the trophy, car looked top!  and pleased your sticking around :hug:

• Like 1

What so Simon and Gaz didn't park up with you at all. ? 

Two cars parked up at the back of the space but seemed to be with the club opposite and didn't really say much when I said hello. They moved over to the other club later in the day. Didn't see anybody at all.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Non turbo hawkeye and a really nice blobeye was it. Real young lad in the hawkeye that will be Simon and Gaz. I told them to get involved mind you I was still expecting another 12 cars there you be fair. And that's with the drop outs. I can't believe how frustrating this has been. 

Yeah that sounds like the two cars, really wish they had spoken while I was wiping the car down before they disappeared. Oh well, just one of those things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, dgarside said:

Yeah that sounds like the two cars, really wish they had spoken while I was wiping the car down before they disappeared. Oh well, just one of those things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, Simon was the young guy in the non turbo blue hawkeye. He parked next to you for awhile but then he came over and parked with us Hull Scoobs guys. He often joins us on our stands at shows.