Paint and clean up time

Davsurfa

Hey-hey. Was just thinking I wonder if you had got on a little bit more or not. Bless him, he looks well happy :)

And car's look GREAT! massive improvement. And I forgot to check about the OBD port sorry 

Does it sound any better with the new back box on ?

Yeah, it sounds awesome on chat even if quieter more of a deeper tone. As for the pup he's as much a petrol head as I am!! If you meet him on the lead he's very friendly but if he's in the car and anyone other than me approaches the car he goes nuts! Best anti-theft device ever!!!!

I reckon once the top is painted up and it's proper two-tone it'll look a lot better, the spoiler and vent look a little out of place at the moment but it'll all come together.

An "SOC" Sunstrip would finish it off nicely though ;)

Nice Nothing better then the deep roar of a Subaru engine :D

And that's what you want in a dog mines the same with the house. But would just bark at people if he doesn't know them even if they was just walking past :)

And them dam wheel's they need sorting ;) but looking forward to seeing the end result

And Agree with the Sunstrip make Steve work :) Haha 

• Like 1

Postman arrived this morning with this for me

5cd3513096293f07d3f06c90d2a716d9_zps30fe

Snow or not it'll be on by tomorrow :)

Looking good can't wait to see it on. And like me just been outside well garage fitting some Hella horns :D

what plans you got for the wheels 

are you going to strip them and repaint ? just asking as that is a job i have to do soon to got multi spokes going to use nitromours to strip them then some etching primer and paint but not decided on the colour just yet..

Yeah I'll strip using nitromors then smooth any curb marks with needle files around the lip, cut with 40, 80, 120 and 240 grit then respray. Mine are going satin black. Last time I did a set of rims it took 10 days but they did turn out mint.

A quicker and still quite a decent finish is to use Smooth-rite hammerrite, thick hard wearing paint, tends to hide any deep sratchesbut it takes about 4 days to go off completely and you are quite limited to colour choice.

So with 5" of snow on the ground and the car in my carport I thought I'd take it easy today so I've put the grill on and I thought I'd slap some pics up

5016313c3e435576d2243da6f32fc064_zps3fb6

aaa4311a7a8b2e3dce05e40cb99e7276_zps2e1d

And a before and after

e0caf2449237f87740baf9ace1c7452c_zps497c

Gotta have the headlights "Fly-Eyed" now for sure :)

liking the grill - it is an improvement, black angel eyes would be a good choice methinks.

question... possible discussion point - does the number plate position affect the airflow into the rad and intercooler, is there a noticeable difference on the temp guage or would it be better to get a bonnet sticker type?

I only ask as the front spoilers I am looking at don't really accommodate a number plate that well and it will over hang the intake as well

Wow your cheap ;) Might have to get rid of the Mrs :D

there is a reason for that - tolerances are not as tight as they used to be its all going a bit slack, a little fluid leakage here and there and the undercarriage has something as yet unidentified attached, don't know if its rust, rot or mange :unsure:

So now the evenings are lighter and tonight is a bit warmer I decided it's time to get something more done so I got home from work and ripped both headlights and sidelights out, this is the result

79850ebc649a787e27a1cf2e75fa68a0_zps496c

ca5c342dc34939d6c6d7e6efd47bed49_zps9eb6

Turned out quite nice, especially with the grill. Top tip for anyone else doing this LEAVE YOUR LIGHTS IN THE CAR!!! It's a nightmare trying to hold them and get the film on