Paint and clean up time

Davsurfa

So boys and girls, I have a silver 2.0 sport on a 97 reg. I've spent today disposing of the hideous blue Subaru sweeps and stars, now the only blue is the larger bonnet vent(turbo bonnet), wheels and brakes. The wheels and brakes will be sorted and go black.

Now for my dilemma, the bonnet. The bonnet vent needs to change colour do I spray just the vent black, silver, or spray the whole bonnet black??

I'm thinking the spoiler, spats, grill and front lip will be black and I'm not 100% on which way to go with the bonnet.

Opinions please

Myself I would go silver bonnet, and do the vent's the same. But know it's not easy to get a match, so for ease would keep the bonnet silver and look at just doing the vent's black. But that depend's how good you are at spraying :) I'm just doing 2 roof scoop's at the min one's on doing the second now, just using rattle can's.

And I'm SOOOoooo glad to hear it's going :D

So quick before and after

fdda9675ca257f355e290bd9554cf78a_zpse3ee1631.jpg

And some all round

ba52a9960b1497a8fb8a6a44b3433f91_zpse98540a3.jpg

The blue wheels are actually beginning to grow on me! Still gotta sort that bonnet vent. Did manage to fit the seat covers too and throw a set of mats in there. Looks so much better now its been scrubbed inside and out.

• Like 1

Well looking at the roof scoop look's black, so I think you could get away with it myself. But as I said before not easy to match up as I'm doing with my roof scoop's now lol.

And look's load's better already, I see what you mean about the wheel's sort of look better now them sticker's have gone.

(Did I just say that) But I would still change them black, more so if your going with the black and silver look. I had my Focus black and silver looked nice with the window tint's added.

I had a matt black on my wheel's but the metalic does look nice when it's been cleaned and sunny. Ready for summer :D

With your scoop's I have said it before but depend's how good you can match it up or if your paying a bodyshop. Silver for me. But I think you would get away with the black even the same black you do your wheel's. But would need to match the roof scoop also. Rear spoiler keep silver

Will leave that choice to you mate :D

Ok so I did go for the flat black on the bonnet vent and roof scoop, the spoiler is staying silver and I even got shot of the strange spoiler thing on the wipers and sprayed the wiper arms to tidy them up too. Just got wheels and brakes left to paint

7ca1c7d856119dd6308e73a3665e4c03_zps0eaea162.jpg

d4a6bad5b40477a2a60ef47efd4d3bca_zpsfae5b23a.jpg

On the downside I gotta work for the rest of the week so I'm hoping for at least dry weather this weekend but its looking like its gonna be about 3c and last time I sprayed a set of rims in the front room my Queen lost the plot(I never did understand why?!?)

Haha.. Tell her not to worry Carpetright will have a sale on Bank holiday Monday ;)

And nice swift job, and I think it look's great mate massive improvment already. Bet you happy already bummer you have to work but guess we all share the same problem :)

And think the black and silver was a good way to go

Kudos! :)

Kinda got a little distracted from the engine bay. I've been playing with my iPad, setting up in the car

399ca3ee008bb3d98e6d7a773d14da90_zpsf4d9

And I gotta admit I am waiting for warmer weather before I spend hour upon hour outside under the bonnet, I'm getting old now and us old folk feel the cold! Either that or I'm a wimp lol

No I'm no fan of the cold so we're wimp's the both of us :D I'm lucky though got a log burner in the garage now so I can still play around with some part's, but cant beat being out when it's sunny.

look's good is it connected to the OBD?

I'm looking at doing that with the car pc I built just for fun :D

• 3 weeks later...

Okay the latest update, still can't locate an OBD port so I gave up and instead got some camber bolts and a backbox.

23C1715A-3F8B-421E-9B79-A4C599D40F86-183

£20 for the zorst, £25 for the bolts

First job was remove the existing pipework,

2F1857A1-B3B0-4687-AAB8-57D4012EF81F-183

No wonder it was loud!!! New pipe fitted in 10 minutes, it's so much quieter. Next step was camber bolts another surprisingly easier job, after a quick tweak with a ratchet I now have 1.75 degrees of negative camber. Corners like its on rails now!!!!

921672CC-E148-413A-A84A-2FCEE2FEE047-183

89B7C9B3-66CB-474D-A803-7FA61EE928F1-183

So then I decide the spoiler needed to change colour along with the chrome "SUBARU" on the boot. Masking the lettering was gonna be a nightmare so I wrapped them instead as I had some carbon wrap kicking about

40093B7F-51BC-4E4D-827C-FB2F288F9B16-183

I can't take all the credit as my dog decided he wanted to help too

697FA580-D4D9-4EE4-A03C-4B09800FE31C-183

Then after spending 30 minutes trying convince Fosterdog he couldn't stay in the boot I removed the spoiler, sprayed it and bolted it back on

3AA10549-BCF5-4942-868D-59837E5016B5-183

Next on my list is the roof, a-pillar and c-pillars in satin black and the wheels/brakes still need painting!