Paint and clean up time

Davsurfa

So the weekend arrived and the weather report said it'd be sunny, they lied! Still, not one to waste an opportunity and after reading Bazza's post about wheels I decided mine REALLY needed to be done. As I don't have the luxury of a garage I decided to close the front of my car port(more commonly known as the chav-cave) with a bit of tarp that I had

42be77a74c19e70e72767818e944aee5_zpsc30f

This should stop the car port feeling like a wind tunnel.

Next up I robbed both front wheels, washed, cut and masked up

94A947F4-98F4-48BA-98D7-0201A815ED88-150

Threw a lick of flat black on them

B7F6633B-17AD-4F73-975A-53607291C8EC-150

Flipped them and did the back, whipped the cards out and that was the front two done

B3EDE7D1-26DC-4C40-A8DC-D081B52C1673-150

Oh and just as a reminder as to the hideousness of the colour they were

93E2386D-B0D7-4804-933F-309918695970-171

As I type this I'm currently sat in the Chav-cave with one of the rear wheels all finished waiting to put it back on the car and start the last one but considering its a monsoon out there I'm gonna stay in here and stay dry for a little while :)

• Like 1

started off great here real sunny I planned what I was going to do in the sun. Got back raining here too :( So feel the pain but I hear it's really nice tomorrow so BBQ Woop-Woop 1st of the year :)

I put a fan heater in the Chav-cave and finished the last one! Only downside is that it's too dark now to take a pic of the car with the wheels done. I'll post a pic first thing tomorrow, but I gotta it's looking pretty tidy :)

Nice one.... And to be fair, if you had painted the car blind folded with a pot of Hammerite slapping it on with one of Gandhi's flip flop's it would still look tidy :D

But what I have seen look's amazing to what it did so look forward to seeing the new polished shoes on her :)

Top job really does look 110% better other then the breaks still being blue I would have said it's another car. I might have a black windscreen sun strip if your interested and Subaru in white with the oval star's to addon.

And seeing as the weather was meant to be hot today it's like mother nature is letting out the biggest longest !Removed! ever :(

So with sun beaming down I had to start. But I have to post this pic, more to annoy Gambit. LOOK BLUE SKIES!!!!!

b9beef2febff1d3875ef0509fbaf7579_zps5e7b

Anyways stripped the bonnet off, my car looks odd without it

9d71b19396a3308a90253482e85851ae_zpsc732

And with full trust in the weather report I covered the engine and set up the bonnet for prep

235dcbb6e05b25e8f2012877af4c7a93_zpsd586

After spray but before lacquer

9d538ccf97c1515db503e49053ee313e_zps36a3

And now I'm in the process of lacquering. I HATE WAITING!!!!!

28bfb42b2046e637a0c9c09068be1323_zps679b

Hopefully it'll look pretty when it's all dry and back on.

That is really coming along - thumbsup.gif

I'am rubbish with painting stuff, always make a complete hash of it and for the record it has peed it down on and off all day in Worcestershire so thanks for the reminder of what blue sky actually looks like

Wow you have been busy. And I wouldn't have done the full bonnet but I like, good call. And just pay the P&P for it mate call it £1.50 be no more then that I don't think.

And I'm the same when spraying it should just dry as soon as its on ;)

Oh and its been nice here just the dam wind 31mph winds :( no BBQ for me

I have a quick question, when I took the bonnet off I notice two things, firstly it has a sticker on the underside all written in Japanese so I'm guessing the bonnet is of an import. Secondly, the weight or rather lack of it. The spoiler honestly weighs about the same as the bonnet!!

My question is, are all the panels so light??

I would guess its made of ally. I have a mate who has a BMW with a carbon skinned bonnet(the framework is metal with a carbon skin) and he came round while my bonnet was off and he reckoned its lighter than his!

Yeah there all light not sure how light, but like the sound of it being lighter then your mates carbon one :D and the Japanese sticker I think most have it. I even have one on mine and its a UK car so shouldn't worry about it ;)

will PM you it mate don't want random people sending me lots off money for no reason. But if you do just as I can PM you it too ;) . Have to send me your postal address too

i hate to say this but i am not a fan of the bonnet, unlessyou plan on doing the roof and boot too and this comes from some one that recently owned this

dscn0211.jpg

and i still have this n the process of being broken lol, by the way that carbon wrap pn the bonnet, boot and roof.

Mariocinq, I plan to paint the roof and boot too. It's far from finished :) I thought about wrapping in vinyl but last time I did a bonnet it took me 4 attempts to get it right, too much like hard work :)

I think I would pay someone to wrap anything on my car. I did put the stickers on myself. wish I had used a heat gun and not my Mrs hair dryer now though. I killed it and had to get her a new one :( So I had to wait for my Hella horns after that

yeah i paid some-one to do the prim lol, well i say i paid, really the window cleaner did when he dragged a hose across the bonnet and scratched it, would never attempt to do it myself.

sounds like you have some good plans for it.

Take a look at how nasty it was when he 1st got it on page 1  :) and I always said I would never slag of another persons car..... Unless there an Audi driver ;)

And cost of postage now jeez! £1.50 I was way off the mark :) It's a good job you didn't send extra :D

yeah i saw the first page, i cant actually think of words to describ my thoughts of it when you first got it Dav, your changes have made a !Removed! car look good again.

Gam, i would hate to hear what you actually think of my classic lol