new owner here!

CraigXV

Picked up my 2012 XV SE D at the weekend and I'm really loving it.

Only 18k on clock and its good as new.

One question though, is there a setting/switch that'll allow the doors to open from the inside while the engines is on?

Hi and welcome

You should find a door lock / unlock button on the drivers door

Above the lecy windows and below the lecy mirror :-)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep, that's the only control I have found - dealer can possibly re-program, as there are quite a few alternative settings, but I prefer to keep it stock, for safety. Only have to press the button, when stopping, to let the passengers out and, providing the engine not switched off, will stay unlocked for rest of journey. So, if you prefer to have the doors unlocked, just press the unlock button after the autolock has operated. 

No probs - all cars take time to get used to, and find all the bits. And nothing to be embarrassed about. I got a Tom Tom plug stuck in my Kia dash, and had to take it back to the dealer, for him to show me how it should be removed. Actually, it was stuck, and they nearly wrecked the dash removing it - it was the tenth one they had done, as the Kia had a small socket! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen one other, on the road, and that is a white 13 reg, in the next street! Did see another red one parked on someone's drive on Monday, as I walked around the town, as my car was being serviced, but that is it. 

There aren't many about to be fair, to put it in perspective in the UK, Nissan sell 40,000 qashqai a year, Subaru sell around 3000 XV. I see more Porsche and Mclarens than I see XVs

I think as me and the wife both have XVs we own over 50% of the XVs in Stafford!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk