3rd scooby but new member

Jonny

Just bought my 3rd scooby but this ones a wagon turbo. It's not as quick as my other 2 saloons, is there any reason for this? And what's the best way to gain some more grunt? V reg, the boost feels very civil. Really want an sti but can't afford it atm. Glad to be a member!

1 minute ago, Scoobyghost said:

Boost gauge will tell you how civil the boost is. The other two saloons could've been imports, could've been modified. Easy ways to gain grunt are first steps really. Exhaust and intake.

Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna fit a decat tomorrow to add to the stainless system and it has a piper cross filter fitted, what boost should it be around? I'll get a guage. What's after induction and exhaust? What bhp are the wagons? Cheers!

6 minutes ago, stants said:

Classic is crica 220 and .85bar I think

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great. And say the boost is lower, is it safe enough to adjust the actuator rod and watch the guage until it's around .8? Thanks.

8 hours ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Welcome!

Get a gauge fitted first, see how it's going. Then maybe go with the decat followed swiftly by a remap :biggrin:.

This will get you started on the right road. 

When you say a remap, do I need to spend out on a mappable ecu? The standard ecus can't be mapped can they?

All classics can be mapped. Some need esl boards and others can be mapped using ecutek software.

If you are fitting a decat downpipe be careful of overboost. The gauge will be your saviour if you're adamant on fitting a decat. Increasing boost without a map can cause fueling issues. Running rich can cause bore wash and thin your oil. Running lean will cause excess heat in the chambers which could lead to cracking. The boost will be less controllable and possibly spike rather than progressive increase. As a general guide the decat is usually left until the week of a remap for safety.

22 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

All classics can be mapped. Some need esl boards and others can be mapped using ecutek software.

If you are fitting a decat downpipe be careful of overboost. The gauge will be your saviour if you're adamant on fitting a decat. Increasing boost without a map can cause fueling issues. Running rich can cause bore wash and thin your oil. Running lean will cause excess heat in the chambers which could lead to cracking. The boost will be less controllable and possibly spike rather than progressive increase. As a general guide the decat is usually left until the week of a remap for safety.

Great info, thanks for your help, I'll look for a local tuner I think and go from there. How much is a remap normally? £300? I was only going to fit the decat as I thought it would increase power but after reading your post I'll leave it for now, I don't like really loud scoobys, I'm 31 now and live in a quiet village. Thanks again.

You'll be looking at between 500-600 for the daughterboard and map or software licence and map, always painful the 1st time you do it, obviously subsequent tweaks to the map (if needed or desired) would be a lot cheaper

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great stuff! Just one more thing, it has a slight hunting/hesitation at around quarter throttle when driving, any ideas? Seems fine at full throttle and idle. Cheers guys!