Forester sti insurance

TheLukey21

Hi so i have but a deposit down on a forester sti as when i have looked for insurance i was under the impression it is insured as a forester xt japanese import because there isn't a UK equivalent. am i right here because when i just looked looked on elephant they have the sti import 330 model which comes back as near as makes no difference 5k instead of 2k which is what i was getting originally.any help would be greatly appreciated and the sooner the better as im supposed to be getting it in September.

Did it not auto recognise the number plate?

It's always hit and miss. My old import got recognised but my current UK Impreza doesn't get found by some systems. Apart from that it needs to be insured as it shows on the log book.

6 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Did it not auto recognise the number plate?

It's always hit and miss. My old import got recognised but my current UK Impreza doesn't get found by some systems. Apart from that it needs to be insured as it shows on the log book.

Ok thanks i will get the details from the v5c and hopefully it isn't 5k.

Well this is the log book they sent me, unsure what to do, i really really want the car more than you can believe but unsure about getting insurance as unsure what to put the model as, they know its a 2.5 and not a 2.0 and said it will be changed when i buy it. Do i just chance it and insure it as a forester xt 2.5 import?

2016-08-09_20.22.14.jpg

• 1 month later...