Up pipe fitting

cornish6544

So got my up pipe and planning fitting it this saturday but have no idea what I'm doing to be honest. Garage was going to charge me £150 which i really don't have i wanna get this done myself.

Anyone got a kinda tutorial on how to do this? 

thanks 

It's relatively straight forward but a bit of a ball ache!

1. Buy plenty of WD40, plus gas or something equivalent to help cracking dem nutz... I used this stuff (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181947923794?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ) and it is cracking stuff (pun def intended)

2. Remove the turbo heatshield, there are several bolts holding this in place. Just feel all around it to find them all. Some are easier to access from underneath the car.

3. Once the heatshield is off... crack and loosen the downpipe bolts, probably be easier to remove your entire exhaust to give you plenty of room. Unbolt the downpipe from the gearbox from underneath the car, then fully remove the downpipe.

4. While under neath the car, remove the heatshields on both sides of your exhaust headers, this will give you access to the header bolts, crack them but don't remove.

5. You will need to get most of the wheel arch liner out from the drivers side to gain better access to the bottom of the up pipe bolts, crack and remove them.

6. Fully remove headers, warning... they are flippin' heavy! Or I'm weak... on or the other :D

7. Crack all of the up-pipe bolts from up top and remove, up-pipe will now be lose. You may have an EGT sensor in your current up-pipe which will be a pain to remove... or do what I did and just cut it off :D

8. Now you need to wiggle the up-pipe out from underneath, you may need to jack up that side of the engine to give you a but more room.

9. Do the reverse to fit the up-pipe... use genuine gaskets to prevent having to do this all again when cheap after market gaskets fail :D

That should about cover it :D

• Like 1